Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who Is Your Top Angels Prospect?

Top Angels Prospect?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Slow afternoon here, so let's do another one of these. If "other", please explain.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Oops, I forgot to include the "Other" option. I can't edit the poll without erasing the votes cast thus far, so just post if you choose someone other than the names above.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
I think Walden will end up the best of the group, but as of right now it is hard to deny Reckling the top spot. I'd have to think, as it stands today, the Angels top 10 looks something like:

1. Reckling
2. Conger
3. Bourjos
4. Bell
5. Walden
6. O'Sullivan
7. Torres
8. Kohn
9. Trumbo
10. Segura

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
i voted for t reck due to his age and projectability. control issues have plagued him this season but he still misses a lot of bats. if i were to put together a top 10, it would look like this...

1. trevor reckling
2. hank conger
3. peter bourjos
4. jordan walden
5. trevor bell
6. ryan chaffee
7. will smith
8. jean segura
9. mike trout
10. sean o'sullivan

other notables: dillion baird, fabio mesa-martinez, terrell alliman, alexei armista, mark trumbo, randal grichuk, chris pettit, alex torres, michael kohn

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
The fact that no one puts Grichuk in their top 5, let alone top 10, is laughable.

He might have some of the most upside in the whole system, and he is also completely dominating AZL w/ Trout.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Mine was Nick Adenhart until he untimely death
but now I have to say Hank Conger but he is like 40 now isn't he LOL
Seems like for every for him

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
The fact that no one puts Grichuk in their top 5, let alone top 10, is laughable.

He might have some of the most upside in the whole system, and he is also completely dominating AZL w/ Trout.

he has performed well thus far in terms of power production but his plate discipline is horrendous (40:7 k:bb in 144 ab). i like his upside but i need to see more out of him before he cracks my top 10

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:

Grichuk=#11 to me. Definitely has the upside to be top of the system in a year or two though.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
I voted for Trout because I think he will become the best player. Reckling probably will be the top prospect this year. I do like him so I'm not trying to slight him, I just think Trout will be better.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
1. Conger
2 Bourjos
3. T Reckling
4. T bell
5. walden
6. Ryan Chaffee ( he has pitched better then many thought)
7. Will Smith ( looked great so far)
8. Michael Kohn (future closer)
9. Matt sweeney (can he ever stay healthy)
10. Mike Trout ( i like him so far)

Others Grichuk, Wes hatton, torres, Yeison Almeida and my personal favorite Richard Cates.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
forgot about sweeney...if he can stay healthy he's a top 15 guy in my opinion

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I voted for Reckling as well. He has clearly stood out from any of the hitting and pitching prospects the Angels have this season. Consistent throughout and succeeding in the 2 levels he has played in....and he's just 20!!!

Reckling #1.

Members online

Latest posts