Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Buyback question for everyone...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Buybacks have become a hot topic of late. I have pulled one myself--1989 Fleer Griffey auto from Fleer--and have received one via a gift from back in the old Beckett days. I don't remember who gave it to me. (if you're here, LMK) He sent me a redemption for a Joe Nathan Buyback. I sent it in, and received this card.

nathan.jpg

It came like this in a top loader, not in any type of sealed holder. It does have a sticker from Topps on the back, but if I were to re-sell, who could say if it is or isn't legit? (not like there's a big market for real or phony Joe Nathan sigs, but work with me here.) Could some more of the buybacks come from Topps like this, too? Is there a list of the ones that were redemptions--whether via Beckett or SCD/Tuff Stuff/Krause Pub. to confirm their existance? It's a tough way to go, since they are so popular, but soooo easily faked. It bears repeating only buy a buy back from a trusted dealer/seller that you personally know, because any other source could potentially be questionable. Some of the examples shown in the past week have been incredibly poor fakes IMO, but for the uninformed, it looks good as gold.

Just wanting to know if anyone has had experiences of Buyback redemptions and how they came. Might help somebody else out.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I actually had a redemption for a Joe Nathan also, I got the one numbered to 99 or something like that. It came the same way, Topps sticker on the back but in a top loader. I didn't have an issue selling it, but like you said, I don't think there is a market for fake Joe Nathan autos.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts