Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Damn, this will be hard but taking a 4+ month break

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
This is going to be hard for me at first but i'm sure I will get over it. Going to college in 2 weeks and will not be collecting while in there. I come back in december for a 6 week break so may get into it a little then but then its off to college for another 4 months. Over the next 7-10 days I will be getting rid of as many cards as I can so I have some $$ while im there so if you want anything I have in my bucket please pm me.

Anyone else going to an out of state college and have to termperarily stop collecting?

I search cards way to much every day so I know its going to be a little weird to stop.

coltsfan23

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Yeah, it definitely stinks. I'm in the same position, though I have roughly three weeks until college starts.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Why would ya have to stop? No internet connection at college? If you do.... you could build up PayPal and pick up a few cards from time to time.... no reason to quit completely.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
mredsox89 said:
I went away to college and now collect more than ever, lol.

Yea, why would you have to stop collecting because of college? I really got back into collecting when I was in college a few years ago.

Just curious, but what colleges are you guys headed to?

When I was in college I had all the time in the world for stuff like this, you'll have more free time than you probably imagine.

ubersweet987

Jul 17, 2009
I'm in a similar situation. I go to college at the end of the September and will probably take a break from collecting until next summer. I'm still going to be picking some stuff up and selling other stuff until I leave though. Part of the reason that I don't want to collect in college is that I don't want to have anything valuable in my dorm room because I'm fairly disorganized and will probably lose it.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
cgilmo said:
because he doesn't want people to think hes a nerd

kinda think that, lol

I'm sure I will check once in a while for melancon cards I need for my pc but thats about it. The few things I buy will be sent to my house and will have fun opening them in december.

I'm going to the University of Tampa and I am so pumped!!!! :D :D

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
No need to stop collecting IMO

When I went off to college last fall I bought less cards but it was usually a really big purchase every once and a while and I still searched for cards on the bay quite a bit. Although, I never had my cards in my dorm room because my roommate probably would have destroyed them.. :lol:

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
numba1yankeefan said:
cgilmo said:

In that case I recommend you save up for cases of OMLB and start collecting IP autos at the Trop and during Spring Training. :D :D

It is a good idea to have stuff mailed home rather than to a dorm room. I didn't have stuff sent to me until I got my own apartment.

marterburn

IF you are quitting to simply be dedicated student, it's not all that good of a reason. Slowing way down, to be sure is a good idea, but no reason to quit cold turkey.

We all know how addicted collecting is, and if you don't absolutely have to quit, then don't. College in itself is not a reason to quit altogether.

It's a hobby, not an obsession, right? All you really have to do is make sure that line doesn't get crossed whilst in college.

ubersweet987

Jul 17, 2009
andyduke86 said:
mredsox89 said:

Yea, why would you have to stop collecting because of college? I really got back into collecting when I was in college a few years ago.

I'm starting law school in a week and I'm not going to quit collecting. Sure, I won't have as much time to spend online but I'll still keep buying/selling when I can. When I was in college I had all the time in the world for stuff like this, you'll have more free time than you probably imagine.

I'm headed to the University of Chicago

soccerman034

Aug 12, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I am going away to college, but will not stop collecting....I will just have things I buy sent to my parents house where the rest of my **** is, and I can get my mother to ship items that I sell (for a fee of course ;)).

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
ubersweet987 said:
andyduke86 said:
mredsox89 said:

I'm starting law school in a week and I'm not going to quit collecting. Sure, I won't have as much time to spend online but I'll still keep buying/selling when I can. When I was in college I had all the time in the world for stuff like this, you'll have more free time than you probably imagine.

I'm at Miami (FL)

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ubersweet987 said:
andyduke86 said:
mredsox89 said:

Wow thats impressive!

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
numba1yankeefan said:
cgilmo said:

kinda think that, lol

I'm sure I will check once in a while for melancon cards I need for my pc but thats about it. The few things I buy will be sent to my house and will have fun opening them in december.

Hell, if youre going to UT then you have zero reason to stop. Even collecting cards wont make you the biggest nerd at that school. Awesome campus, but may have the largest hipster goofball population of any school in this area haha

What are you planning to study there out of curiosity?

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
yakacack said:
numba1yankeefan said:
cgilmo said:

kinda think that, lol

Hell, if youre going to UT then you have zero reason to stop. Even collecting cards wont make you the biggest nerd at that school. Awesome campus, but may have the largest hipster goofball population of any school in this area haha

What are you planning to study there out of curiosity?

accounting

I know there will be some interesting kids there but there is a 0% chance I will have even 1 baseball card in my dorm. I plan on spending my time at bucs/lightning/rays/yankees S.T and of course partying :D with a little bit of homework and studying :lol:

Members online

Latest posts