Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 8/14

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
David Cooper HR (8)

Good rehab start for Jake McGee: 3 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 3 K

Jeff Clement HR (7)

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Drabek has pitched a nice game thus far (in the K category):
4ip, 4hits, 2ER, 2BB, 7K's

D.Brown is starting out pewy: 0-for-2, K, batting .318 in Double-A!!!

M.Taylor is 2-for-2, 2RBI's, SB, & now batting .288 in Triple-A!!! :D

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
Huntsville's Jon Lucroy hit a double for his 4th straight game with a double and is on a 15 game hit streak (awesome numbers post all star)
Wisconsin's Brett Lawrie is 2-2 with a homer.

(mlb) but the Brewers are winning 9 zip in the second.

None of these games are even through 4 innings.. good baseball evening for me thus far.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
LaPorta; 2-2, HR (16)
Austin Jackson; 2-4, 2B, 3B, 3 RBI
Pedro Alvarez; 2-2, HR (9)
Reynaldo Navarro; 2-3, RBI

F.Doubront; 6 IP, 1 ER
D.Moskos; 7 IP, 1 ER (wants to make up for the Not So Hot appearance)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Rich Poythress hit his first HR in AA, and just his 2nd overall for the M's.

Aaron Hicks is 2-2 so far.

Michael Taylor HR (5)

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Rich Poythress hit his first HR in AA, and just his 2nd overall for the M's.

Aaron Hicks is 2-2 so far.

Michael Taylor HR (5)

I watched Taylor's cycle video the other night and he just looks like a budding star. The HR he hit the other night was one of the hardest hit HR's i've ever seen.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
M.Taylor went 3-for-5, 1Run, HR, 3RBI's, K, SB & is now batting .290 in Triple-A (I think he's caught on, I'm hoping he digs in & takes that average up to where he's normally at .330-.350 ;) )!!! :D

D.Brown had a down night but everyone does!
0-for-4, 1K, .304 avg in Double-A. :?

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Is Michael Taylor going to get tagged with the "to old" to be a prospect crap if he sits in the minors another year or so? I'm not sure if the Phillies are going to have room for him next year or the next for that matter. They seem pretty content with the way their team is right now. Injuries and slumps can always change this of course.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
AKA Coastal said:
Is Michael Taylor going to get tagged with the "to old" to be a prospect crap if he sits in the minors another year or so? I'm not sure if the Phillies are going to have room for him next year or the next for that matter. They seem pretty content with the way their team is right now. Injuries and slumps can always change this of course.

Only the ignorant will use that term to describe him.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
AKA Coastal said:

:lol: He was already tagged that by BA while in Low-A, High-A, & they just admitted how they were skeptic's of his abilities for the most part of his minor league career (& yes, I understand he was 21-22 in low-A & High-A but that's really not too old for High-A; as shown by BA allowing 21 yr old's on thier hot sheet...but Taylor was a "too old" 21 in High-A so they left him off)! I understand this really is not what you're asking here, but he's only 23 right now so I don't see the "too-old" tag being used here (& I also don't think he'll be down too much longer). ;) :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
LaPorta 4-4 2HR's...he was born in 01/08/85..older than Taylor.

Still, that doesn't count because BA promoted LaPorta as the next big thing...they thought Taylor was a fad, so he's too old! :lol:

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
Is 35BB 75K's in 275AB's about the norm for a power hitter? Kinda high? What do you guys consider average for a 20+ HR guy?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts