Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this worth getting graded by SGC...Ted Williams?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
Here's a scan:

tedrc1.jpg

I have never submitted a card for grading before and I checked out SGC's site and it seems fairly simple. I know a lot of vintage is graded by them, but if this card is just going to grade "poor" I'd rather keep it ungraded. I have had this card in my possesion for some time now. I know it is unaltered, but it's off-centered, the corners are bad, and there is a small "notch" on the front of the card (no creases though). Any opinions are welcome, thanks in advance,

Jim

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
If the card is PC the grade should not matter. You could always have them slab it as "Authentic" "No Altering", that way the card is protected.

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
George_Calfas said:
If the card is PC the grade should not matter. You could always have them slab it as "Authentic" "No Altering", that way the card is protected.

The card is definitely PC, thanks for the advice.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
tedwilliamsfan said:
there is a small "notch" on the front of the card
If the "notch" pierces through the card (like a pinhole) PSA will automatically apply a PSA 1 grade.
Regardless, it's a beautiful card!

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
Austin said:
tedwilliamsfan said:
there is a small "notch" on the front of the card
If the "notch" pierces through the card (like a pinhole) PSA will automatically apply a PSA 1 grade.
Regardless, it's a beautiful card!

I've checked multiple times behind bright lights and the notch definitely does not pierce the card, there is no mark on the back.

Members online

Latest posts