Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

No mention of Hanson?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
8-2
3 ERA

has to be right there for ROY honors.....I would think he would be in front of Happ due to Happ has 2 wins as a relief pitcher and has 3 more starts then Hanson. Hanson is the only reason that the Braves are not out of the Playoffs by 10 games. Philly would win with or without Happ.

Thoughts?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Martin Prado is a bigger part

his offensive surge during that critical time is the real reason why the braves are making a nice little run here.

I would love to see a miracle happen and the braves win the wild card.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Are you referring to a specific article that didn't mention him or just generally you feel like he is entering people's minds when their hear the words "Rookie of the Year," as much as he should.

blitzerlover

Aug 9, 2008
cgilmo said:
Martin Prado is a bigger part

his offensive surge during that critical time is the real reason why the braves are making a nice little run here.

I would love to see a miracle happen and the braves win the wild card.

It hurts that they lost 2-3 to the Phillies. Other than that they have been playing well.

thefasterblade

Aug 8, 2008
The Braves pitching has been the reason why they are in it right now. Vazquez, Jurjjens, Lowe, Hanson and Kawakami. Just solid. Javier Vazquez is having one of the most underrated seasons. As is Jair. Hanson is progressing nicely. I'd take him over all of the other young arms out there who have a season or less under their belt.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
EricInCT said:
8-2
3 ERA

has to be right there for ROY honors.....I would think he would be in front of Happ due to Happ has 2 wins as a relief pitcher and has 3 more starts then Hanson. Hanson is the only reason that the Braves are not out of the Playoffs by 10 games.

Thoughts?

The same argument could be used for Happ, without him, the phillies wouldnt be ahead or as ahead. Happ is ahead of Hanson but its close...

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
abncollectsautos said:
I dont think he is the only reason they are still in it, but he is a bog part. I do like him as the ROY though.

If Melden took his place (by the way, why can't they just let this guy pitch?!?!?) and Hanson wasn't polished enough to make his debut until September, they would be 6-7 games (or more) out of the wild card not 3.

Prado is a nice player don't get me wrong, but if Medlen went an admirable 7-5 w/ a 4.50 ERA instead of 8-2 with an ERA of 3.00 that is a huge difference in the standings. Battling 3-4 teams is hard enough, if they were another 4 games out of first it wouldn't matter who batted .100 or who batted .450.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
EricInCT said:
abncollectsautos said:
I dont think he is the only reason they are still in it, but he is a bog part. I do like him as the ROY though.

If Melden took his place (by the way, why can't they just let this guy pitch?!?!?) and Hanson wasn't polished enough to make his debut until September, they would be 6-7 games (or more) out of the wild card not 3.

Prado is a nice player don't get me wrong, but if Medlen went an admirable 7-5 w/ a 4.50 ERA instead of 8-2 with an ERA of 3.00 that is a huge difference in the standings. Battling 3-4 teams is hard enough, if they were another 4 games out of first it wouldn't matter who batted .100 or who batted .450.

We dont know where Medlen would be. For all we know hecould have gone 7-2 within the same timefram as HAnson. He could have also been 1-6. But Hanson is not the only reason they are still in it. He is a big reason, but Prado and Mcclouth are also big reasons.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
8-2
3 ERA

has to be right there for ROY honors.....I would think he would be in front of Happ due to Happ has 2 wins as a relief pitcher and has 3 more starts then Hanson. Hanson is the only reason that the Braves are not out of the Playoffs by 10 games.

Thoughts?

The same argument could be used for Happ, without him, the phillies wouldnt be ahead or as ahead. Happ is ahead of Hanson but its close...

I hope you aren't serious......Braves are 6 games above .500, Phillies are 17 games above.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
8-2
3 ERA

Thoughts?

I hope you aren't serious......Braves are 6 games above .500, Phillies are 17 games above.

This is why people have such issues with you, can you actually answer without sounding condascending? Or is this what happens when you realize you're wrong and no one agrees with you?

The phillies are 17 games above .500 for multiple reasons, ONE of them being Happ. Is that too much for you to comprehend?

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
phillyfan0417 said:
EricInCT said:
8-2
3 ERA

Thoughts?

This is why people have such issues with you, can you actually answer without sounding condascending? Or is this what happens when you realize you're wrong and no one agrees with you?

The phillies are 17 games above .500 for multiple reasons, ONE of them being Happ. Is that too much for you to comprehend?

Happ has had a great season, and I think he will get better having Lee around mentoring him. Though im one of the biggest Braves fans around, the Phillies are gonna runaway with the NL this season.

Members online

Latest posts