Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UPDATE - Seller sell RESEALED Topps Sterling Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
This is the auction I won

[ebay:2lvdowrv]250489761439[/ebay:2lvdowrv]

braves2009 ( 591 [Feedback score is 500 to 999] )
99.5%

Just found out last night that the seller has been selling RESEALED 2008 Topps Sterling Box! And he has another Jackie Robinson Box that is running on Ebay! I opened a dispute against the seller already. Below is the scan of the box I received, you can notice, there are only 4 topps factory stamps!

SealJackieSterling.jpg

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Long waited mailday..

Zan said:
Awesome card! Will you break the box?

zan

The barrel, two cuts, the 8x game used, three 1/1 patch has been pulled, so open this box is very unlikely, I just want one sealed box for my collection :D

RANGERS25

Jan 23, 2009

95vr4 said:
Zan said:

zan

The barrel, two cuts, the 8x game used, three 1/1 patch has been pulled, so open this box is very unlikely, I just want one sealed box for my collection :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i would start to get the itch very quickly, that would be awesome just to have but its going to be like the tale tale heart, its going to start beating in the middle of the night and you are going to be able to hear the box calling out to you and it will drown all sound out until you open it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009

RANGERS25 said:
95vr4 said:
Zan said:

zan

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i would start to get the itch very quickly, that would be awesome just to have but its going to be like the tale tale heart, its going to start beating in the middle of the night and you are going to be able to hear the box calling out to you and it will drown all sound out until you open it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: agreed no way i could have a unopend box just sitting there

nice cards though man

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008

RANGERS25 -

Only If the barrel wasn't pulled ;)

Topps has exclusive right to make Jackie Robinson Sterling until 2010, so at least two more to go, I'll try to get one in each year, and Sealed :mrgreen:

Daltonb1219 - Thanks

But I'm good with player collection, if this is BCDP, then you know it :)

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008

First, nice pick-up on the dual w/Campanella. I saw that before you snagged it, but since I just bought two other Robinson patches I figured that was enough. The Campanella swatch was also a put-off since it isn't a true patch. I don't think I've ever seen a true patch card of him, just "prime" swatches from stitching and trim. Every time I see a prime card of him I pass on it hoping to eventually find a nice one. Does this one have some sort of stain? That's definitely more interesting than just stitching.

How come you want the unopened Jackie box? If you opened it up, it would be the exact same except for the plastic seal, and you would have a nice card. It reminds me of Pinnacle Inside. The cans were collectible (worthless now except for the gold versions), so I opened them up on the bottom so they would display as if they hadn't been opened.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Wondering how you managed to get a jackie for $200 when the ryans routinely go for $160. I assume this was a pretty good deal?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois

mrwhitesox30 said:
First, nice pick-up on the dual w/Campanella. I saw that before you snagged it, but since I just bought two other Robinson patches I figured that was enough. The Campanella swatch was also a put-off since it isn't a true patch. I don't think I've ever seen a true patch card of him, just "prime" swatches from stitching and trim. Every time I see a prime card of him I pass on it hoping to eventually find a nice one. Does this one have some sort of stain? That's definitely more interesting than just stitching.

How come you want the unopened Jackie box? If you opened it up, it would be the exact same except for the plastic seal, and you would have a nice card. It reminds me of Pinnacle Inside. The cans were collectible (worthless now except for the gold versions), so I opened them up on the bottom so they would display as if they hadn't been opened.
Really. Color me ignorant, but I don't understand this at all. I am a player collector myself,
but I just couldn't see leaving this unopened. With the ending prices I've seen, you could have
just gotten 3 or 4 of the /10 relic cards for this same $$$

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke

Daltonb1219 said:
RANGERS25 said:
95vr4 said:
Zan said:

zan

:lol: agreed no way i could have a unopend box just sitting there

nice cards though man
there is a unopened box of 08 legendary cuts that i bought as a gift for myself that i had to have someone hide it so i wouldent bust it.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008

mrwhitesox30 said:

Thanks for pass it up sir :D cause I've been waiting for one of this forever, one guy had it and he is looking for $750..

As for the Campanella, there is some kind of stain, since the BGS holder has minor scratch, I'm glad you pick that up. ;)

Now onto the Jackie box, I'll keep it with the Topps plastic for now, I don't want to get a 3x game used bat to turn down the excitiment.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008

bouwob said:
Wondering how you managed to get a jackie for $200 when the ryans routinely go for $160. I assume this was a pretty good deal?

It was some mini steal :mrgreen:

Since all the Jackie's big card from Sterling has been pulled, I assume people who goes after the box has that knowledge already, the box has been going from $190-250, I lost an auction for $250 two weeks ago, now I'm really glad my patience pays off.

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008

Zan said:
(In a chanting rhythm)

Rip it, rip it, rip it.

zan

Just found out, well, the box are..

2008 Topps Sterling - Unopened Box Jackie Robinson (Short Print 1:56) :D

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY

95vr4 said:
Zan said:
(In a chanting rhythm)

Rip it, rip it, rip it.

zan

I bet the "BV" of the card IN the box outweighs the "BV" of the ACTUAL sealed box.

zan

95vr4

Aug 7, 2008

Zan said:
95vr4 said:
Zan said:
(In a chanting rhythm)

Rip it, rip it, rip it.

zan

I bet the "BV" of the card IN the box outweighs the "BV" of the ACTUAL sealed box.

zan

Very tempting,

but a $100 BV triple game used bat outweigh a $200 SV sealed box? ;)

Zan

Aug 12, 2008
NY, NY

95vr4 said:
Zan said:
95vr4 said:
Zan said:
(In a chanting rhythm)

Rip it, rip it, rip it.

zan

zan

Very tempting,

ROOOOAAARRRR JUST DO IT ALREADY! :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :evil:

;)

zan

Daltonb1219

Jul 16, 2009

Zan said:
95vr4 said:
Zan said:
95vr4 said:
Zan said:
(In a chanting rhythm)

Rip it, rip it, rip it.

zan

zan

Very tempting,

ROOOOAAARRRR JUST DO IT ALREADY! :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :evil:

;)

zan

+1 lol

Members online

Latest posts