Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Wow the new Ebay trick Sellers remorse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Seems there is a new eBay game going on. If you sell a card for not what you want
like .99 cent,(or you miss out on the hype price) then hey don't send the card and wait until they write you and then just refund the money.Without even e-mailing back stating your going to refund. Because there is not tracking info as well, since you did not send it.
I have had this happened twice now to me. I won this 2007 BOWMAN STERLING BLAKE BEAVAN AUTO ROOKIE for .99
no one bid so I won with the opening bid and (had like 5 buck max bid on it). that was back in August 29 and I paid for it
on Sept 1.
So I wrote the seller ask for info on the package since in eBay nothing showed that it was even shipped. So today I see this in the paypal end of this deal Sep. 26, 2009 Refund Pending Details $4.44 USD And I don't even have an
e-mail from the shipper.

This also happened on another card I won it cheap waited a month for it (nothing) so I asked for info and Bam refund
nothing said about it from the shipper. So I know they did not send them since they went for so cheap, and did not even say weather they shipped or not.

Oh ok you can now go back to reading more important threads now! :D

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
One of my biggest eBay peeves as of late. Same thing happened to me last month.

Although I actually got a message from the seller telling me someone hacked his acct. to sell me a $10 card. :lol:

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Well, the seller does have something to lose. You as the buyer need to leave a negative, and if he gets more of those, then that will hurt his sales.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
chashawk said:
19braves77 said:
Doesn't sound like you lost anything.
Did you read the post? Of course he didn't lose any $$. That's not the point.
Yes I did I lost a 2007 BOWMAN STERLING BLAKE BEAVAN AUTO ROOKIE for 4.44
and I was going to wait for him to blow up and flip it ::facepalm:: :lol:

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Sly said:
Well, the seller does have something to lose. You as the buyer need to leave a negative, and if he gets more of those, then that will hurt his sales.

Yah, you MUST leave a negative. That's the reason why the feedback system was created. It's not "ebay- sell the item at the price you want or just keep it". It doesn't work that way.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
brouthercard said:
Sly said:

Yah, you MUST leave a negative. That's the reason why the feedback system was created. It's not "ebay- sell the item at the price you want or just keep it". It doesn't work that way.
Yes and the seller thinks that refunding the money, just makes it right. :lol:

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
Similar thing happened to me 2 weeks back. I won a lot which included a Laporta BCDP Ref for 99 cents plus shipping, I paid after winning, then next morning already got a refund from the seller, with a note telling me "nice try!"

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
guzman4cy said:
Similar thing happened to me 2 weeks back. I won a lot which included a Laporta BCDP Ref for 99 cents plus shipping, I paid after winning, then next morning already got a refund from the seller, with a note telling me "nice try!"
I rally hope you contacted eBay on that one! :shock:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
guzman4cy said:
Now that's bold! You leave a neg?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I think it was early this year, I won two very poorly listed items from the same seller. One was the Youkilis GU glove card from Topps Pristine /9?, the other was the A-Rod SP Holoview RC. His shipping was little high, so I emailed him after the items ended to see if he offered a combined shipping rate, then sent a request for a total. Well he messages me that the cards sold too cheap and that he wouldn't sell them to me. Neg'd!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Brett Keith said:
I think it was early this year, I won two very poorly listed items from the same seller. One was the Youkilis GU glove card from Topps Pristine /9?, the other was the A-Rod SP Holoview RC. His shipping was little high, so I emailed him after the items ended to see if he offered a combined shipping rate, then sent a request for a total. Well he messages me that the cards sold too cheap and that he wouldn't sell them to me. Neg'd!

I would have said hey you should have listed them with BIN"S then if your worried about them selling for to low.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Brett Keith":2hmz7cjc]I think it was early this year, I won two very poorly listed items from the same seller. One was the Youkilis GU glove card from Topps Pristine /9?, the other was the A-Rod SP Holoview RC. His shipping was little high, so I emailed him after the items ended to see if he offered a combined shipping rate, then sent a request for a total. Well he messages me that the cards sold too cheap and that he wouldn't sell them to me. Neg'd!

I would have said hey you should have listed them with BIN"S then if your worried about them selling for to low.[/quote:2hmz7cjc]

A reserve or a high minimum bid would have also worked. What was amazing was that he knew enough that he knew these cards sold cheap, but apparently didn't know enough to list them well at all. It's like some of these items I see with BIN's or minimum bids right at or over market, but they're listed terribly, how does that happen?

guzman4cy

Aug 18, 2009
chashawk said:
guzman4cy said:

No I didnt leave a neg. I wouldve if i was a collector of the cards I was due to receive. I just put my bid down thinking it was a decent deal. I'll never buy from the seller again though.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
The only sellers remorse I've ever had was when I sold an item and didn't ship out for 5 days, due to my daughter being sick. Rather than explain why it didn't ship until Saturday when it was purchased Monday, I refunded the shipping cost and sent the item priority. I've since learned to not put "will ship within 24 hours after receiving payment, except on weekends" in my auctions.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
guzman4cy said:
chashawk said:
guzman4cy said:

No I didnt leave a neg. I wouldve if i was a collector of the cards I was due to receive. I just put my bid down thinking it was a decent deal. I'll never buy from the seller again though.

You should have. What happens if it happens to another member who does collect what they buy? It eliminates bad sellers by doing so.

Members online

Latest posts