Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about ebay seller wolverine24?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ahill1

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
Lies.

2003 only had ONE parallel.
2003 Studio Proofs #/100

2004 had Gold (#'d to 50), Silver (#'d to 100) and Platinum (#'d to 10). He may not have made them, but they definitely aren't legit.

You have been thanked for the fast and informative response...I never heard of the "silver" numbered to 5, but was not sure

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
It is a national card #/5, you can see the logo embossed underneath his elbows if you look closely...

It was cool how you thanked the post with the quick yet false information. :lol:

EDIT: I just noticed this in the description...

2003 03 STUDIO SILVER NATIONAL #34 1/5 = 1/1 !!!

He has the Sabathia #1/5 as well... says he broke up a set. I didn't know these came in set form? Seems like a really really tough set to put together.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
i43770 said:
It might be one of the convention cards; Orange County, Chicago, ect.

According to Beckett...
Collectors who opened a speficied number of Donruss/Playoff packs at the 2003 Atlantic City National Convention were able to receive one of these cards which had a special Atlantic City Logo stamped on the front and were serial numbered to five on the back.

However, I don't see a logo on stamped on the front of this one.

Edit: was beaten to the punch.

A_Pharis

RL24 said:
It is a national card #/5, you can see the logo embossed underneath his elbows if you look closely...

It was cool how you thanked the post with the quick yet false information. :lol:

How is it false information? It's being advertised as a "SP parallel", which it is not.
National Convention cards may be collected, but they are about as much of "parallels" as cards I stamped myself.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Collectors who opened a speficied number of Donruss/Playoff packs at the 2003 Atlantic City National Convention were able to receive one of these cards which had a special Atlantic City Logo stamped on the front and were serial numbered to five on the back. Please note that due to market scarcity, no pricing is provided

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
magicpapa said:
Collectors who opened a speficied number of Donruss/Playoff packs at the 2003 Atlantic City National Convention were able to receive one of these cards which had a special Atlantic City Logo stamped on the front and were serial numbered to five on the back. Please note that due to market scarcity, no pricing is provided

Dude, I posted that already. ;)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Philip J. Fry said:
magicpapa said:

i got a slow computer ::facepalm::

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I am starting to hear about more and more problems from him.I guess each time you buy it gets riskier?Not sure.Never had a problem with any of his stuff although I will say it goes unusually higher than if it were from another seller.Something to keep in mind.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
magicpapa said:
Philip J. Fry said:
magicpapa said:

i got a slow computer ::facepalm::

Just giving you a hard time magic man :)

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
A_Pharis said:
RL24 said:

How is it false information? It's being advertised as a "SP parallel", which it is not.
National Convention cards may be collected, but they are about as much of "parallels" as cards I stamped myself.

Well, if you look in the Beckett OPG you won't find cards stamped by people like you, but you will find the National Convention cards. To me, that means they are legit. If your point is that the seller is a dirty liar because he called it Silver in the title instead of National, I guess your post was informative. I don't think the seller was trying to deceive anybody though, and he even mentions in the description that it is a National card. The seller never called this card a parallel, if you really want to get caught up in that aspect of it. So I really don't see how the "Lies!" part of your first post applies to this auction. Enlighten me. :)

A_Pharis

1. Stop looking for a fight.

2. He lists it EXACTLY as "Silver SP /5"
a. Not a "silver" anything.
b. Not an "SP" as "SP" stands for "short printed". This card was not printed short from the factory and was done after the fact for a promo for the convention. Use of the term "SP" signifies that it is a part of the original set and meant to be included as such.

Though it may not be intentional, the auction still implies that the card is a silver short print from the set. That is is not, and you cannot argue that fact.

Sly

Aug 7, 2008
Regardless of how he lists these cards, they are legit cards.

I have seen many high-volume dealers have A LOT of these cards listed in both ebay and Beckett Marketplace. I'm guessing dealers at these conventions got a set up with a lot of them.

One dealer has about 15 different Mike Sweeney ones, and another dealer had a handful of Harold Reynolds ones, so obviously sellers at the conventions got player sets of them.

Either way, they're legit as Convention stamped cards and listed by Beckett in their checklists.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
I actually like some of the convention stamped cards. I have a lot of them, some I even have extras of, b/c noone else collecting Will Clark seemed to card about them. I'd call them legit. They are genuine, company issued, although not as nice as the normal parallel, they still find spots in my collection.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
It's a legit card.

I purchased these two cards from him a few months ago, both are #/5 and are convention cards.

02gridironkingschicagocollection.png
403donrusselitenationalpromo.png

As far as listing it as an SP, some people consider low numbered cards to be short printed. They take "SP" as a literal definition of a short print run, which having only 5 copies made would fall under.

A_Pharis

I want to apologize to RL, I didn't mean to imply he was trying to start a fight. I just meant that there was no need for either of us to be argumentative, because I don't think either of us are wrong.

The OP asked if it was a real deal card from the set, and I may have jumped the gun with "Lies", but there has been more than one occasion where wolverine24 was called out. I personally don't give him business and this is why.

In MY OPINION, the card is misrepresented and does not mention the fact it was from the national and not a REAL pack-inserted SP Silver version.

Members online

Latest posts