Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about ebay seller wolverine24?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
A_Pharis said:
I want to apologize to RL, I didn't mean to imply he was trying to start a fight. I just meant that there was no need for either of us to be argumentative, because I don't think either of us are wrong.

The OP asked if it was a real deal card from the set, and I may have jumped the gun with "Lies", but there has been more than one occasion where wolverine24 was called out. I personally don't give him business and this is why.

In MY OPINION, the card is misrepresented and does not mention the fact it was from the national and not a REAL pack-inserted SP Silver version.

It still is a legit card. People who are buying the cards should know what they are buying. For instance, they should not there is no pack pulled silver /5 version, and thus should conclude that it is a convention/legit card. I dont see why the OP jumped to conclusions that it was fake just because one person said so. It is a legit card, so if you want it buy it, if not, no big deal, but there is nothing wrong with wolverine24. It was a poor misrepresentation of him by some members on here and I think that is just wrong.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio

A_Pharis

Well, I know that I wouldn't be happy if I were perusing eBay, collected 2003 Studio and won this thinking it was an actual SP in the set (without first consulting the Beckett guide). The purpose of a description is to be DESCRIPTIVE, and I believe leaving out the fact it is from a convention a major act of neglect.

But what do you expect from an openly proud cherry picker and heavily suspected shiller?

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Philip J. Fry said:
1995BBRefractorGuy said:
silly card although real, what are you guys thinking who are defending the sellers description? most collectors feel a certain way about convention stamps and he's shady for leaving this info out.

check out this guys feedback!

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=wolverine24&Dirn=Received+by&Many=ON&ref=home

Here's my fav: $50 BV NO WAY TRY $20 A BIT MISLEADING

Really? Who actually buys a card based on BV anyway? I know I don't.
I thought BV was the most relevant way to compare cards on the open market... :lol:

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
A_Pharis said:
Well, I know that I wouldn't be happy if I were perusing eBay, collected 2003 Studio and won this thinking it was an actual SP in the set (without first consulting the Beckett guide). The purpose of a description is to be DESCRIPTIVE, and I believe leaving out the fact it is from a convention a major act of neglect.

But what do you expect from an openly proud cherry picker and heavily suspected shiller?

Perusing means to read thoroughly. So if you were truly reading thoroughly and truly collecting these cards, you should know there is no pack pulled /5 version.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
miguelcabrera said:
A_Pharis said:

Perusing means to read thoroughly. So if you were truly reading thoroughly and truly collecting these cards, you should know there is no pack pulled /5 version.

The point is, the seller is leaving out pertinent information on the card. Nowhere does he mention that it is a convention stamped card. So someone with less knowledge of the set could end up buying it without knowing what it really is.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
tunahead said:
miguelcabrera said:
A_Pharis said:

The point is, the seller is leaving out pertinent information on the card. Nowhere does he mention that it is a convention stamped card. So someone with less knowledge of the set could end up buying it without knowing what it really is.

Still a little picky. Any collector would know what it is. Dont buy something that you dont know what it is.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
miguelcabrera said:
Still a little picky. Any collector would know what it is. Dont buy something that you dont know what it is.

Not every collector would know what it is. I think there are very few, if any, collector's that would know everything about every card.

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
tunahead said:
miguelcabrera said:
A_Pharis said:

::facepalm::

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
tunahead said:
miguelcabrera said:

Not every collector would know what it is. I think there are very few, if any, collector's that would know everything about every card.

Still, would you just buy a card that you have no information on? In this case I am not saying every collector knows every card. In this case, my argumentative point is that every collector knows every card that they BUY.

A_Pharis

Coming from you miggy, that means a whole lot. You're just wanting to argue for the sake of arguing.
When I said perusing eBay, I also mentioned without having Beckett handy. The story starts and stops with the fact that eBay descriptions SHOULD CONTAIN ALL INFORMATION RELEVANT TO THE ITEM OF PURCHASE.
Much like the case of the OP -- he collects the player, not the set. Due to his lack of education about the set, he asks here and was answered to the point that this is an aftermarket card. Period.
Yet, that is NOT mentioned in the auction. Yes, buyers should do their research, but that does not excuse the fact that sellers, in the creation of an express contract of sale, should disclose any and all information about said item.

I wish you'd crawl back into the hole that you recently reappeared from.

tunahead

May 17, 2009
Austin,TX
miguelcabrera said:
tunahead said:
miguelcabrera said:

Still, would you just buy a card that you have no information on? In this case I am not saying every collector knows every card. In this case, my argumentative point is that every collector knows every card that they BUY.

Yes I would, and have before. And it's gone both ways for me, I've ended up with some rare cards that weren't documented at the time, that are now in the big books, and I've ended up with some cards that turned out to be crap. Not everything is well documented even in the large price guides.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
tunahead said:
miguelcabrera said:

Uhh...no they don't.I have purchased several cards before without checking to see if they were "legit".But then again...I check for red flags.But not always beckett.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
predatorkj said:
miguelcabrera said:
tunahead said:
miguelcabrera said:

Uhh...no they don't.I have purchased several cards before without checking to see if they were "legit".But then again...I check for red flags.But not always beckett.
Not to mention Beckett isn't always fully functioning online, so you might not be able to check when you go to bid.

Sep 11, 2009
I think if your going to bid on something and you don't know about it, you should take the time to find out. There's an internet tool called Google, it works great for finding out information. Do a little research. I've always been told a little research goes along way. If your that ignorant to just go off his description after reading his feedback than its your own fault for getting taken. I have heard too many negative things about this seller so I try to avoid him at all cost. Just my 2 cents.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
bustin_knuckles said:
I think if your going to bid on something and you don't know about it, you should take the time to find out. There's an internet tool called Google, it works great for finding out information. Do a little research. I've always been told a little research goes along way. If your that ignorant to just go off his description after reading his feedback than its your own fault for getting taken. I have heard too many negative things about this seller so I try to avoid him at all cost. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah but if its sitting at 99 cents...how much do you have to lose?Most people don't sit around faking cards and the ones who are questionable are well known for the most part.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
G $MONEY$ said:
[quote="A_Pharis":1z0162ku]

I wish you'd crawl back into the hole that you recently reappeared from.

2qu6wk4.jpg[/quote:1z0162ku]

:!: Why did you edit that?

This is a totally innocent question and I am truthfully not trying to start anything here, but what's your problem with Miggy? Kid can be a tad too sarcastic but he's got a sharp wit, pretty funny actually. Although he gernerally plays the "devil's advocate" deal too much, as far as the internets goes, pretty harmless......(IMO)

Never once have I seen him make a personal attack to any member here..........

Why the hate?

Members online

Latest posts