Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 case of draft 1 case of razor Scans 56k go AWAY!!!!

Which Case do you think provided the best bang for the buck?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
With the economy down the tubes I decide to buy some cases to make myself feel better. In all I have spent close to $2650 I paid $750 per case of draft from my local shop to help keep him in business and 850 for the case of Razor. (that is $2350 on cases). I then spent about $300 more on singles.

Please if you are going to come in and Gripe about Razor Stop reading now!

I wanted to provide scans of all of the REF's and up( only 1st chrome cards) from the two case of draft and i wanted to shows scans of the full case of Razor. i also added my recent pickups!

Let Me know what you think but please keep the brand bashing to a minimum.

First the Draft

draftauto.jpg

draftauto1.jpg

draftauto2.jpg

draftcolor.jpg

draftrefs1.jpg

draftrefs.jpg

draftrefs2.jpg

draftxs.jpg

And now onto Razor

Razor1.jpg

Razor2.jpg

Razor3.jpg

Razor4.jpg

Razor5.jpg

Razor6.jpg

Razor7.jpg

Razor8.jpg

Razor9.jpg

Razor11.jpg

Razor12.jpg

2008razor1.jpg

2008razor.jpg

brianmatusz.jpg

#8/25
wieters.jpg

porcelloref.jpg

porcellox2.jpg

spruillblue.jpg

only the Spruill
spruillbluerefx2.jpg

spruillx2.jpg

spruill.jpg

scottgreenorange.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
I think we have been down this road before. once for "chrome v. prospect premieres", once for "chrome v Elite"
once for "chrome v tristar"....

I think we all know the answer, design always wins out. Even though these are on card autos, the razor just
look like all the sticker auto type products that came before...EEE and UD PP. Chrome is still king and it looks
like no one can take that away. Razor had the edge...the checklist is great, they were going to make the top
players, but they failed in my opinion. The design looks like older sets and doesn't excite the collector (again
an opinion).

In the end a players chrome card is what people will want, sure there might be a few exception with
Sterling, but you just can't go wrong buying BDP every year.

Kevin

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
Once you go chrome, you never go anywhere else. Bow to the rainbow of shiny.

on a serious note, i think chrome offers more bang for the $ b/c BOTH its auto + NON AUTO cards sell well whereas non auto cards from other products (razor, prospect premieres, elite, sterling) generally don't do all that well. i like the 'more chances to make my $ back/likely profit from a case' that chrome offers. now if other products came out w/non auto parallels that DID sell well, perhaps i could stop gazing into the chrome rainbow long enough to rip them.

Weatherwarrior

Aug 7, 2008
NE Georgia
rainmanesq said:
Once you go chrome, you never go anywhere else. Bow to the rainbow of shiny.

on a serious note, i think chrome offers more bang for the $ b/c BOTH its auto + NON AUTO cards sell well whereas non auto cards from other products (razor, prospect premieres, elite, sterling) generally don't do all that well. i like the 'more chances to make my $ back/likely profit from a case' that chrome offers. now if other products came out w/non auto parallels that DID sell well, perhaps i could stop gazing into the chrome rainbow long enough to rip them.

Ill agree with that The parallel base cards leave alot to be desired but I do like the Auto's in the end there will always be a place for cards like Razor (Just Minors, tristar, Prospect premiere, EEE) As long as they provide the first Card of and individual there will be those that seek them out. take 04 sp prospects I hated the look of that set and I hate the look of EEE but having the only auto of certain players can drive the market.

for instance last year With Matt wieters, Phillipe Aumont, Austin Jackson, and Josh Smoker, and Mike Moustakas EEE was stacked and these cards were through the roof now in some cases the Chrome Auto may come out the following year like in David Price, Matt Laporta, Jason Heyward and others but prices on the base chromes are very comparable to that of the Previous years EEE Auto's of the same guys.

I am not saying that Razor will surpass chrome but can a little competition hurt? if it wasn't for Razor do you really think we would have had AFLAC auto's this year? Or Rookie Auto's? The only ones that know are execs for the big companies.

Now as far as investments go I look at buying a case of razor the same as i look at Buying Worth Mutant Softball bats with one major difference i can recoup a little of the razor I can't do squat once i started beating that bat up. :) :)

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
I think it's too early to say. The exclusive autos could be huge if a guy blows up. Also, generally I would agree with the assessment that the non-autoed chromes are what put bowman over the top. However, this year the base set is pretty weak, and may not produce as many stars as in the past.

I think we may be closer to knowing come June. That's when well will start to see things really move.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts