Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jimmy Rollins predicts Phils win in 5...lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Is this guy crazy? This .250 hitter needs to just shut up. The Phillies are a bunch of trash talking fools. Would you ever hear a Yankee ever predict an outcome? NEVER

The Phils may win this series, but in 5? Give me a break.

Welcome to the Bronx, Phillies, you won't be playing the Mets here, you will be playing the real team in NY.

All these analysts say that pitching wins, the Yankees have a better rotation and bullpen. The Phils BARELY have an edge with their offense.

This is the REAL stage Philadelphia, you aren't playing the Rockies, the Dodgers or any other crappy NL team or the Tampa Rays that you played last year.

Let's Go Yankees!

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/200 ... illie.html

Jimmy Rollins predicts Philadelphia Phillies in five; NY Yankees react with yawns
By Steve Politi/The Star-Ledger
October 27, 2009, 2:07PM
Associated PressJimmy Rollins made a bold prediction on network TV about the outcome of the World Series.It took nearly a full day, but we have our first bit of World Series trash talking. And it comes from -- who else? -- Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins.

Rollins, appearing on The Jay Leno Show on Monday night, was asked to give his prediction in the series and, of course, he couldn't resist.

"Of course, we're gonna win," Rollins told Leno. "If we're nice, we'll let it go six, but I'm thinking five, close it out at home."

News of the boast somehow failed to create much of a buzz in the morning tabloids, perhaps because nobody watches Leno any more. Still, the Yankees players were asked about the prediction during their media session.

The general response: Zzzzzz.

"I couldn't care less about what he says, basically, because that's not what's going to happen," closer Mariano Rivera said.

"What he says and what's going to happen is far from that. You know what I mean? I wouldn't expect nothing less coming from. We'll see what happens. We'll see what happens."

Rivera wasn't firing back. Just shrugging it off as a non-story -- which, giving Rollins' chatty history, is what it is.

"What do you think I'm going to say if I talk about my team?" he said. "That we're going to lose? No. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen."

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I am not sure the Phillies do have an advantage with their bats especially when the DH is in play.

jdacunha said:
Is this guy crazy? This .250 hitter needs to just shut up. The Phillies are a bunch of trash talking fools. Would you ever hear a Yankee ever predict an outcome? NEVER

The Phils may win this series, but in 5? Give me a break.

Welcome to the Bronx, Phillies, you won't be playing the Mets here, you will be playing the real team in NY.

All these analysts say that pitching wins, the Yankees have a better rotation and bullpen. The Phils BARELY have an edge with their offense.

This is the REAL stage Philadelphia, you aren't playing the Rockies, the Dodgers or any other crappy NL team or the Tampa Rays that you played last year.

Let's Go Yankees!

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/200 ... illie.html

Jimmy Rollins predicts Philadelphia Phillies in five; NY Yankees react with yawns
By Steve Politi/The Star-Ledger
October 27, 2009, 2:07PM
Associated PressJimmy Rollins made a bold prediction on network TV about the outcome of the World Series.It took nearly a full day, but we have our first bit of World Series trash talking. And it comes from -- who else? -- Phillies shortstop Jimmy Rollins.

Rollins, appearing on The Jay Leno Show on Monday night, was asked to give his prediction in the series and, of course, he couldn't resist.

"Of course, we're gonna win," Rollins told Leno. "If we're nice, we'll let it go six, but I'm thinking five, close it out at home."

News of the boast somehow failed to create much of a buzz in the morning tabloids, perhaps because nobody watches Leno any more. Still, the Yankees players were asked about the prediction during their media session.

The general response: Zzzzzz.

"I couldn't care less about what he says, basically, because that's not what's going to happen," closer Mariano Rivera said.

"What he says and what's going to happen is far from that. You know what I mean? I wouldn't expect nothing less coming from. We'll see what happens. We'll see what happens."

Rivera wasn't firing back. Just shrugging it off as a non-story -- which, giving Rollins' chatty history, is what it is.

"What do you think I'm going to say if I talk about my team?" he said. "That we're going to lose? No. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen."

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
2008:

Philadelphia vs - record:
Milwaukee - 3-1
LA Dodgers - 4-1
Tampa Bay Rays - 4-1

2009:

Colorado - 3-1
LA Dodgers - 4-1
NY Yankees - ?

See a pattern? Phillies in 5.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Jeff N. said:
2008:

Milwaukee - 3-1
LA Dodgers - 4-1
Tampa Bay Rays - 4-1

2009:

Colorado - 3-1
LA Dodgers - 4-1
NY Yankees - ?

See a pattern? Phillies in 5.

That has to be the most idiotic post I've read.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Rollins is a tool and he is overrated. I am a Yankee fan as well, but come on Jimmy. His production has not been there like in past years and he still runs his mouth. Anyone with common sense can back me up on this. Jeff, really?

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Lancemountain said:
Also, I don't think Jimmy was "running his mouth"

He was asked a question, answered playfully.

Well he is an idiot for saying what he thought. Smart ballplayers are politically correct when they are asked questions like that. Could you ever image Jeter saying the Yankees would sweep?

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jimmy has a history of running his mouth...and then backing it up. We shall see if he and the team will be able to do the same this time. Personally, I like my team to have confidence.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Rollins is a playful, youthful kinda guy. It's not like he just up and said it, he was on a show having a good time.

I'd get over it personally if I was a Yankees fan.......

And no, I couldn't see Jeter saying that.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Even as a Sox fan, I am rooting for the Yanks. They are a significantly better team and I would much rather a team from the Major Leagues rather than AAAA wins the WS.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
jdacunha said:
Lancemountain said:

Well he is an idiot for saying what he thought. Smart ballplayers are politically correct when they are asked questions like that. Could you ever image Jeter saying the Yankees would sweep?

Who cares? If you really think this is what it will take for the yankees to play harder, then you really dont know what you're talking about.

Jimmy rollins was asked a question and he answered it. I'd rather have a player be confident in his team and say they will win. Go find something else to whine about. I'm so tired about hearing about the "yankee" way and how their players are so much above this and have respect for the game. Arod and Pettite I assume are poster children for the "yankee" way.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
I honestly have no idea who is gonna win this series.... Could go either way.

If I was a betting man I would say Phillies in 6 or 7.... it's gonna be a tight series that's for sure.

Shep :ugeek:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
And....welcome everybody to the 2009 World (ey, wudda you lookin at jerk?) Series

Brought to you by Philadelphia and New York.

yankees-ejection-1.jpg
phillyfans2.jpg

:lol:

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
phillyfan0417 said:
jdacunha said:
Lancemountain said:

Who cares? If you really think this is what it will take for the yankees to play harder, then you really dont know what you're talking about.

Jimmy rollins was asked a question and he answered it. I'd rather have a player be confident in his team and say they will win. Go find something else to whine about. I'm so tired about hearing about the "yankee" way and how their players are so much above this and have respect for the game. Arod and Pettite I assume are poster children for the "yankee" way.

I never said that this would make the Yankees play harder. They already have all the motivation they need: #27.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Jays_Cards said:
Even as a Sox fan, I am rooting for the Yanks. They are a significantly better team and I would much rather a team from the Major Leagues rather than AAAA wins the WS.

LOL

Of all the ridiculous things I've seen posted, that could quite possibly take the cake. The Phillies, the two-time NL champ, and current World Champ, is a 4A team? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A_Pharis

Oh my. I love it.

"Phillies are a bunch of trash talking..."

Followed by...

"This is the REAL stage Philadelphia, you aren't playing the Rockies, the Dodgers or any other crappy NL team or the Tampa Rays that you played last year."

I think it's safe to say that everyone "trash talks". It's part of the game, junior. Thicken up.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
A_Pharis said:
Oh my. I love it.

"Phillies are a bunch of trash talking..."

Followed by...

"This is the REAL stage Philadelphia, you aren't playing the Rockies, the Dodgers or any other crappy NL team or the Tampa Rays that you played last year."

I think it's safe to say that everyone "trash talks". It's part of the game, junior. Thicken up.

Players shouldn't...fans sure can.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
OP: You seriously need to take a chill pill. It's hilarious that you get so up in arms about something an athlete said while being asked a question about his team.

Members online

Latest posts