Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

whos an expert on mcgwire signatures?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
looking to buy an item and need advice as to the authenticity of the auto

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
use psa's quick opinion

it's already psa/dna slabbed... but i've heard from some people on here about items that have gotten by psa but still look questionable

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
J.O. said:
cgilmo said:
use psa's quick opinion

it's already psa/dna slabbed... but i've heard from some people on here about items that have gotten by psa but still look questionable

if it's PSA/DNA'd then no one on this board is qualified enough to overturn it

your only concern should be to make sure you get a slab that hasn't been tampered with

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
J.O. said:
cgilmo said:
use psa's quick opinion

your only concern should be to make sure you get a slab that hasn't been tampered with

alright whatever i'm going to post the two here since its a BIN and no on will get mad

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
Both are absolutely 100% good!...

However, I have one too that I would sell you at $179 which is MUCH stronger condition card than the 6, but priced way better than your other example...

1985_Topps_Mark_McGwire_Auto_PSA.jpg

autocut

cgilmo said:
J.O. said:
cgilmo said:
use psa's quick opinion

Not true.

markmcgwire.jpg

Rubber stamp. PSa/DNA remove it from database after they were informed. Things does slip through.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Razor said:

However, I have one too that I would sell you at $179 which is MUCH stronger condition card than the 6, but priced way better than your other example...

if interested, PM with email address and I can send scan... BG

Someone has to ask......

was this auto you have for sale destined for razor packs at one point or is this from your personal collection?

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
mchenrycards said:
Razor said:

Someone has to ask......

was this auto you have for sale destined for razor packs at one point or is this from your personal collection?

why does it matter?

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
mchenrycards said:
Razor said:

Someone has to ask......

We have no post 1970 autograph card projects on schedule at moment....

We will be using PRE-1970 HALL OF FAMERS SIGNED CARDS IN A 2010 Spring release!!!!! 1985 Topps MAC auto is neither HOF or pre-70.... :D

At one point we considered putting cards like this into a vintage product, but it would ruin the "vintage" feel,.... BG

BG

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
cgilmo said:
mchenrycards said:
Razor said:

Someone has to ask......

why does it matter?

Because I was curious!!

Chris, I believe Brian is a big boy and can take care of himself. Brian, Thank you for your answer!

Razor

Apr 1, 2009
mchenrycards said:
cgilmo said:
mchenrycards said:
Razor said:

Someone has to ask......

why does it matter?

Because I was curious!!

Chris, I believe Brian is a big boy and can take care of himself. Brian, Thank you for your answer!

LOL, glad to answer.........

p.s.- I am a buyer for PSA 7 or higher Pre-1970 HOF's unsigned or signed EXMT or better pre-1970 BB HOF signed PSA slabbed cards.....

BG

cgilmo said:
J.O. said:
cgilmo said:
use psa's quick opinion

on the contrary. I have seen ALOT of PSA/DNA'd mcgwire cards that were so fake it was not even funny. They know as much as the hardcore mcgwire like myself do. Id give myself and the other mcgwire collectors for the nod simply because that's basically ALL we collect.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Razor said:
mchenrycards said:
Razor said:

Someone has to ask......

We have no post 1970 autograph card projects on schedule at moment....

We will be using PRE-1970 HALL OF FAMERS SIGNED CARDS IN A 2010 Spring release!!!!! 1985 Topps MAC auto is neither HOF or pre-70.... :D

At one point we considered putting cards like this into a vintage product, but it would ruin the "vintage" feel,.... BG

BG
You got my interest, Brian!!!

I have quite a few pre70 vintage card autos, sadly none are FS though. As long as these autos are not being chopped up then I am all for it!! :)

itsinthegrade

Jul 30, 2009
NJ
cgilmo said:
G $MONEY$ said:
cgilmo said:

i wouldn't be so sure on that.

either you underrate psa

or you overrate fcb

I use both Psa & Jsa & I will tell you that they are only giving a opinion (like most of us know). But in my opinion Psa doesnt seem to know the sigs of Pujols & Jeter.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
G $MONEY$ said:
cgilmo said:

either you underrate psa

or you overrate fcb

In my opinion, I know two Mcgwire collectors that are more qualified to slab McGwire auto's than PSA. I would take their opinion over PSA any day regarding cards I would add to my collection.

In some situations, there are better experts out there. Working for PSA doesn't magically make your opinion better than it was the day before you started working for PSA.

autocut

onionring9 said:
cgilmo said:
G $MONEY$ said:
cgilmo said:

either you underrate psa

or you overrate fcb

In my opinion, I know two Mcgwire collectors that are more qualified to slab McGwire auto's than PSA. I would take their opinion over PSA any day regarding cards I would add to my collection.

In some situations, there are better experts out there. Working for PSA doesn't magically make your opinion better than it was the day before you started working for PSA.

PSA/DNA screws up a lot, but they are human like anyone else. They've certified rubber stamps, facsimiles, and altered (second market hand numbered) cards. When dealing with autographs, no matter if it is in a PSA/DNA or JSA/BGS holder, you still have to do your own homework.

Im not trying to toot my own horn, but i have been collecting mcgwire signatures for almost 20 years. 19 years to be exact. I have a total of 207 autographs (195 Different items) yet it is my own opinion that all of them besides the ones i got from steiner and the 12 i have gotten in person are real. But how can you tell me some guy at PSA/DNA knows more about mcgwire signatures then me?? He is soley what i collect. What makes a person an expert??? If i am not one, i would like someone to point me to someone who has been collecting his signatures longer then i have and has more then i do. 1 person comes to mind and that is Randall Hahn of mcgwire.com. I talk to Randall from time to time and i have more Mac signatures then he does. I gurantee all of my signatures would pass authentication. And i STILL have my doubts about 1 of them. I along with other mcgwire collectors such as Onionring and McGwire Museum have seen ALOT of Bogus cards authenticated by PSA/DNA. But like Onionring said, besides hardcore mcgwire collectors who could be possibly me more knowledgable with his autograph then his hardcore collectors???

Members online

Latest posts