Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A great question from an ebay member

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
Here is the auction description of my Mark McGwire PSA slabbed card that I am selling and yes it has a scan of the card in the PSA case.

The first 2 sentences are in bold and in blue.
This card is just back from PSA. It is encapsulated and graded authentic by PSA DNA. Your card will be shipped via first class mail with delivery confirmation in a penny sleeve within a top loader or case. I will be accepting paypal. Payment is due within 5 days of the close of the auction. If you don't pay within 7 days you will receive an upaid buyer reminder from ebay. I will ship you card(s) the next business day. Please email with any questions and I will try to get back to you the same day. Bid with confidence.

Here is the question from the ebay member

Dear tyweb1,

so noe of you cards came with the psa case?

you say penny sleeve and top loader, which makes me think you take them out of psa case and use that? lmk

Yes I know I have that general statement in there about the other 60 plus cards not graded by PSA, but seriously

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Not to be a jerk or anything, but it's hard to get on him when you left the penny sleeve part in there. I understand what you did there, but it says what it says.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
I realize it is partly my fault as I mentioned with the penny sleeve thing, but seriously I am going to crack the PSA case, ruin the authenticity, load the card in the penny sleeve and top loader. I just thought it was funny.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
The way I see it, at least someone is actually reading desciptions and after seeing all the crazy chargeback/claim threads, I'd rather have questions from buyers at this point and avoid any potential assumptions.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I would be that this question is more about the asker having dealt with retards in the past who have done as stupid or stupider things than taking a card out of a slab AFTER it has been graded.

He's just doing his due diligance. Don't take it personally. It's like Jeff Foxworthy (i think) says: if there is a warning against it, it's because someone has been dumb enough to do it before.

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
hive17 said:
I would be that this question is more about the asker having dealt with retards in the past who have done as stupid or stupider things than taking a card out of a slab AFTER it has been graded.

He's just doing his due diligance. Don't take it personally. It's like Jeff Foxworthy (i think) says: if there is a warning against it, it's because someone has been dumb enough to do it before.

Good point

tyweb1

Mar 25, 2009
St. Louis
It was actually a TTM back in 1988. I probably to sent Mark 5 different times and finally got one back. I was in junior high back then and it was awesome to run to the mailbox after school to see what was waiting for me.

Latest posts