Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which eBay Sellers Package Their Cards the BEST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I figured this thread would help those looking for good protection for their incoming cards.

If you know of someone (besides yourself) who goes above and beyond to package up their cards, give them a shout out!

Jaypers said:
I figured this thread would help those looking for good protection for their incoming cards.

If you know of someone who goes above and beyond to package up their cards, give them a shout out!

me :D

If it sells for over $50 I use a New screw down, if not I use thin sleeve, a New Toploader (which I seal with painters tape double over so you can easily pull it off and not damage the new top load, two cardboard decoy cards on both sides to make it more ridgid. Sealed in team bag against the weather, wrapped in bubble wrap and secured with shipping tape. Placed in a bubble mailer. I also include a preprinted sheet of paper thanking them for their purchase and my ebay name so they know where it came from. I ship First Class using the old fashion Delivery Confirmation (Green Sticker) from the Post Office.....

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I've never paid any attention. Which would suggest that most do a fine job. It's like umpires. If you don't notice them, they're doing well.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Jaypers said:

If you know of someone who goes above and beyond to package up their cards, give them a shout out!

me :D

If it sells for over $50 I use a New screw down, if not I use thin sleeve, a New Toploader (which I seal with painters tape double over so you can easily pull it off and not damage the new top load, two cardboard decoy cards on both sides to make it more ridgid. Sealed in team bag against the weather, wrapped in bubble wrap and secured with shipping tape. Placed in a bubble mailer. I also include a preprinted sheet of paper thanking them for their purchase and my ebay name so they know where it came from. I ship First Class using the old fashion Delivery Confirmation (Green Sticker) from the Post Office.....

I'll have to agree. That's a ton of bells and whistles you offer and you did include a second new magnetic/screwdown for the super sweet card I purchased from you.

subpop77

Aug 24, 2008
Marshall, Texas, United States
I don't take tabs on who doesn't, maybe I should. I think if they charge a large amount for shipping it should't be in a FRIGGIN PWE! If I am selling or trading I use penny sleeve, top loader, taped up, with a note for the trader/buyer thanking them for the transaction, put in a bubble mailer.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
You know what I hate?

WHEN I GET RELIGIOUS LITERATURE WITH MY CARDS.

or trying to pimp anything that's not a card business.

You know what i love?

Having to type "seller included free one-touch magnetic case, thanks!".

Someone actually shipped with styrofoam pellets in a bubblemailer. I guess it made for a safer ride?

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
pigskincardboard said:
Someone actually shipped with styrofoam pellets in a bubblemailer. I guess it made for a safer ride?

Many sellers include them when sending with Delivery Confirmation in the U.S. as it makes the package at least 3/4" thick (required for DC). Not sure why they'd send to Canada with them, but it may be out of habit.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
I wrote that to someone, but they used like half a role of packing tape and 8 sheets of cardboard.. and a toploader.

It took me about 10 minutes to open it.

That is better than bad shipping, but it's also reaaaally annoying :D

jlecates

Dec 4, 2008
J.P., you do a pretty good job yourself.
Also, it would be interesting to see a thread with poor packing jobs.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
braden said:
I've never paid any attention. Which would suggest that most do a fine job. It's like umpires. If you don't notice them, they're doing well.
Agreed.

I did just win an Upton BGS 10 from cardboardconglomerate, I hope he doesn't use PWE's.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not a fan of screwdowns and magnetics through the mail (I've received several cards dinged up). I'd much rather get cards in a soft sleeve and proper sized toploader. I'm not a fan of scotch tape on said toploader, but I get over it. :)

As for the OP's question, I don't keep track either. The vast majority (for me) have been packaged well.

Members online

Latest posts