Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cardinals make offer to Holliday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
The weird part is that 2 different sources have said the deal is around 8 years/$90 million (Olney).

I really hope the Cardinals didn't do this. I wonder if that is a leak from Boras to make the Cardinals look bad yet again. I could see it being 5 years/$90 million and Boras says 8 to make them look bad knowing he can always say he was mis-quoted.

$18 is likely their floor, but I think it would have to be 6 years and not 5.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Where did 8-90 come from? Only reports I have been able to find state there was a formal offer, nothing on numbers

Buster Olney & The Bernie Show

* could be nothing, just chatter

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Interesting.

That'd be a little over $11M a year. If it's frontloaded for the first 2 or 3 years, his salary would lessen for there on out, and we'd have more money to sign Pujols to his extension.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Everything I have seen was a 5-6 year deal for $90 million...somewhere around $15-$18 million a year, which is more in line with what Holliday will probably get.....

I really dont see the Cardinals signing anyone except Pujols to anything longer than 4-6 years......especially when there is no gaurantee Pujols will be a Cardinal that long.

TK

Members online

Latest posts