Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett My Collections-Am I the only one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

subject to change

Aug 7, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
I've continued to occasionally use it for my Jack Wilson collections I entered before the site change. However, I find it incredibly time consuming to add any new cards to the collections.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Let me preface this by saying that I am FAR from being a Beckett apologist. But I honestly don't understand what people find to be so difficult about the "Organize" feature. It took me five or ten minutes of playing around with it to figure out how it worked.

Trust me, I loved the old My Collections feature. And I was uncomfortable when they made the changes. But after using it for a bit, I have found it be quite an improvement over the old system.

Even having said all of that though, I admit that I still mainly just download their stuff to Excel and use it there (which is what I did before).

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I agree with Art and Chad I have no problems with it other than the fact that it seems to be timing out a lot recently but I still use it all the time.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Chad (great to see you around these parts again) and Art --

How do you guys download the lists to an excel file?

I would love to do that with my guys, but have no clue.

Any help would be appreciated.

As for the topic at hand -- I used it weekly and fairly easily at that. Not too hard to use.

ccouch (Chad)

Aug 8, 2008
Anthony -- there are a couple of ways to do it. Depending on the size of the checklist, it will take a good bit of front-end work to assemble your checklist in Excel, but you only have to do that work once.

First Method: To get My Organize data into Excel you just need to bring up a checklist and then right-click "Export to Microsoft Excel". The problem that exists is that it will only export what is on the page, so the max per export is 128 items. You just need to keep clicking to the next 128 items and exporting again and again until you have exported everything. Once you've exported everything, you can combine it in one spreadsheet and format the data the way you want it.

Second Method (my preferred method): Simply copy and paste the data from List View into Excel. Once again, you can only do 128 items at a time, but unless you've got a colossal checklist, this really doesn't take that long. I'm not going to make any assumption about your Excel skills, but if they are pretty good, you'll be able to figure out how to get rid of the extraneous data and sort everything the way you want it. I copied, pasted, and completely formatted a master Joe Sakic checklist (about 4,000 items) in about 30 minutes the other day. And now all I have to do is add new stuff as it comes out.

Good luck!

elainebenice

Dec 1, 2009
Alabama
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question or not, but I hope someone can help me. I have about 12,000 cards in my organize on Beckett's site and I've decided to sell pretty much everything I have, but I'm not sure how I need to go about starting a thread on this site about what I have for sale. Since I have so many I would need to provide a link to my organize on that site, but is that allowed here? I'm assuming only people who are already registered on that site would be able to see my organize when they followed the link....assuming that site is working at that time...LOL

I guess I really someone to tell me the best way to use the info I already have stored on that site for posts on this site. Any help is greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!

Members online

Latest posts