Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on Topps Tribute?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Some cards look really nice while others(the non auto game used cards)look hideous.The base(and parallels) cards are some of the nicest looking cards ive seen in a while.

Nov 6, 2009
Texas
I want a total of 5 cards + variations from this set. :p

Nolan Ryan base
Lance Berkman base
Nolan Ryan Relic
Lance Berkman Relic
Topps Franchise Mets (Nolan Ryan)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
All I care about are the Yount base cards. I kind of like that I can ignore a product.

Man, are Braun and Fielder getting over-produced. If there are some stellar pieces of them and I have the means, I might look at something; but otherwise, unless I want to break something for trade-bait, I'll let the product go.

And yeah, Sal Bando, but no Yount, Aaron, Molitor, Grace, etc? um....ok?

asmsportscards

Aug 16, 2008
254 lifetime batting avg. ::facepalm::
mudflap02 said:
You'd think they could get it right after all these years? Bat, jersey, what is it?

!Bi6kMJQ!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-DoEs-ZqQDpMBLRSHONpk!~~_12.jpg

!Bi6kSS!BGk~$(KGrHqYH-E!Es-1HqzrVBLRSHrv+dg~~_12.jpg

And Sal Bando in a high end product?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
a high end product like tribute should never have included sticker sigs ::facepalm::

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
2001 Tribute almost made me quit the hobby. I shelled out the $50 for 1 pack easily the most I'd ever spent on a pack and pulled the Ted Williams buyback card. I was going nuts. I check Ebay daily for different 50's topps williams singles and drooled over possibly getting a nice early 50's copy.

Then on mailday I about threw myself in front of a bus. My buyback that had been getting +300 on the bay was a 1970(ish) Williams Manager card. Biggest kick to the nuts I have ever gotten from a card company.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Just checked out casebreaker's case break over on the box break boards. Seems to be REAL hit or miss. I feel really sorry for the suckers that buy single packs and get single jersey or bat cards. For $50 / pack, you could get a Joey Votto single jersey????? Yikes.

His case had some nice cards but nowhere near the price point in my opinion. The last two boxes were absolutely brutal!! And one box had 2 David Wright autos in the same box!!!!

Think I may be steering clear......

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I just saw a guy open a box at the LCS. If I were to be happy with a box that didn't have an obviously "EXPLOSIVE" pull, that would have been my box. He pulled a Fielder Auto/dual GU, Braun Auto/GU BLUE /75 and a Pujols Auto/triple GU /75 and his GU were Braun, Bench, and a Mornuea Gold /25 bat.

Problem is, the LCS guys around here MAX out the SRP. Box cost dude $300+

Still, it would have made me feel better if that's how crazy i was. It was far and away a better box than he could have got. I had him scared before he opened it with "Sal Bando" nightmare stories.

francisjniskey

Oct 28, 2008
Extremely disappointing due to the fact they are being elusive about what the actually so called "game pieces/Relics" are from. Topps has fallen from grace. Welcome to the cesspool and take your place next to Upper Deck. You deserve it. I'm sorry, am I too blunt and too the point :lol: :lol: :lol:

However it is cool you guys are giving a box away. :D :D

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
It's more disappointing than DMB's sixth album, "stand up". oH wait, why are there two TT threads? :lol: :lol:

Latest posts