Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interest in a big money keeper league?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Anyone like to play?

Here's the general overview:

$130 yearly fee* or a smaller fee if it helps build the league but it'd be a better league if it's over 100.

Run it on cbs.sportsline, which costs money but I believe to be far superior in fantasy baseball, especially for keepers.

Auction league. Each team has $275 salary. 28 players on roster, with daily lineups. Start a c, 1, 2, 3, ss, 3of, u and 9 p a day. 10 players on the bench. Each week 1 team plays another in ten categories...offensive: hr, sb, obp, runs and rbi pitching: k, wins, saves, era and whip.

You may carry as many pitchers or position players as you'd like. Any number of starters, middle relievers or closers; You just need to be able to start 9 pitchers and a position player for each position, every day. We'll have 100 in transaction money...adds drops.

This is not head to head......example, if I win 6 out of the ten categories for the week, it's not a win for me and a loss for the other team.....it's 6-4. This will accumulate for the year till the "playoffs", I'd like only 8 teams, but ten if there are a lot of people that would like to play. So if the next week I win 7 categories, I'm now 13-7. Not 2-0.

Each player gets nominated for auction, you may bid what you like on each player, but only have 275 dollars for 28 players. (two injured slots that don't count against your salary) You may keep any player you like till the next year, but you must add $4 salary for each player kept. So if you win Figgins for $12 this year and keep him, next season he will be $16..

A player will be eligible for a position after 15 starts in the current or previous year. Any batter is eligible for the U slot.

Any questions, who would like to play? I've done a similar league for a few years, so please you seriously need to update your roster everyday so only serious players!

*I don't expect anyone to paypal this amount to me so I'll impose on gilmore or bouwob or a mod if they would like to play to hold said funds for the duration of the season.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Are you familiar with Gamedayritual.com? http://www.gamedayritual.com/baseball/index.aspx If you want a more serious fantasy baseball experience I suggest you head over there. You can have most of the position and scoring setup that you described through cbssportsline, with the addition of a superior player bidding process (the free agent blitz, with multiyear contracts can be offered, which is ridiculously fun) as well as a mid-year draft for prospects, bonus for L-R matchups and bonus points that reward making a real batting order. you get to build your own ballpark, too. In addition you only HAVE to check it once a week (or twice if you change the play format) which helps in the summer when people get busy. Otherwise it's so fun you end up checking it every day. It is pretty close to being a real major league GM.

I have a couple teams over there already. As a fantasy baseball player for 16 years I can say it is far superior to anything else. The fee is $20 per year per team and we do the same as you suggest in my league where we kick in extra cheddar for prize $. I have played fantasy baseball for the past 18 years and this is the way to go... Woudln't feel right playing for $ against newbies to GDR as I have been playing over there for 5 years now. BUt it's a great platform for a $ league if you are open to it.

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
carrsallstars said:
Are you familiar with Gamedayritual.com? http://www.gamedayritual.com/baseball/index.aspx If you want a more serious fantasy baseball experience I suggest you head over there. You can have most of the position and scoring setup that you described through cbssportsline, with the addition of a superior player bidding process (the free agent blitz, with multiyear contracts can be offered, which is ridiculously fun) as well as a mid-year draft for prospects, bonus for L-R matchups and bonus points that reward making a real batting order. you get to build your own ballpark, too. In addition you only HAVE to check it once a week (or twice if you change the play format) which helps in the summer when people get busy. Otherwise it's so fun you end up checking it every day. It is pretty close to being a real major league GM.

I have a couple teams over there already. As a fantasy baseball player for 16 years I can say it is far superior to anything else. The fee is $20 per year per team and we do the same as you suggest in my league where we kick in extra cheddar for prize $. I have played fantasy baseball for the past 18 years and this is the way to go... Woudln't feel right playing for $ against newbies to GDR as I have been playing over there for 5 years now. BUt it's a great platform for a $ league if you are open to it.

This sounds real interesting. will be checking out.

Members online

Latest posts