Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

grading 2009 bowman draft chrome.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
And I being too much of a perfectionist or are some of these surfaces really brutal in this product?

Trying to start a PC of Trout and Fuentes and am striking out trying to find a gem :(

baseballguy350

Dec 7, 2008
Boston, MA / Longboat Key, FL
EricInCT said:
Fuentes gem

I'll let you know in about 2 weeks...

I stopped my stash with this:
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects Autographs Reymond Fuentes #BDPP83
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects Autographs Refractors Reymond Fuentes #BDPP83
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects Autographs Refractors Reymond Fuentes #BDPP83
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects Autographs Xfractors Reymond Fuentes #BDPP83
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects Autographs Xfractors Reymond Fuentes #BDPP83
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects Autographs Blue Refractors Reymond Fuentes #BDPP83
2009 Bowman Chrome Draft Picks Prospects Autographs Blue Refractors Reymond Fuentes #BDPP83

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
This is why you don't want to be in on the front-end of the grading wave for this set....as time passes and the set establishes a reputation for having minor surface flaws the standards will loosen some and more 9.5's will follow.

Some people might not agree...but I have seen it happen before.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
It seems like it goes in spurts. I had one box where almost every chrome had tons of surface scratches.

Next box clean, next box so so, and so on...

The 1st box is probably worthy of a replacement of some sort, but I don't even think its worth messing with.

porcello94

Aug 9, 2009
muchuckwagon said:
This is why you don't want to be in on the front-end of the grading wave for this set....as time passes and the set establishes a reputation for having minor surface flaws the standards will loosen some and more 9.5's will follow.

Some people might not agree...but I have seen it happen before.

I think you're right.

I've sent in elites where the corners might be an 8.5 with chrome, but receive a 9 or even a 9.5.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
The surfaces are awful in most of the stuff I have seen. It looks like someone threw some sand in the presses. The scratches are awful and plenty of dimples.

GAbballplayer148

Aug 13, 2008
The edges on a lot of mine have been brutal; also, I just got a card in today with a blue streak similar to the one in that blue ref Trout auction, although it wasn't nearly as large.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
It seems that all the refractors I busted in 2 boxes had some type of line on the back
and some of the other cards like the Chromes were badly warped in some case worst then I have ever
since them in my life. so for hat I will not grade any of the stuff I have.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
EricInCT said:
I have half a dozen blue trouts with a dimple in the exact same place on his shirt.....and I just received this in the mail:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120511500493&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Check out the blue pants ~ !

I even emailed the seller asking the condition of the surface! Glad he takes returns!

dude, you bid on the card pictured and now want to return it to the seller because you don't think it will grade well. if you emailed the seller about the blue on the pants and he didn't respond, you should not have bid. you have more ebay "issues" than anyone i have ever seen. i hope you don't ever win an auction of mine.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
mburgin said:
EricInCT said:
I have half a dozen blue trouts with a dimple in the exact same place on his shirt.....and I just received this in the mail:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120511500493&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I even emailed the seller asking the condition of the surface! Glad he takes returns!

dude, you bid on the card pictured and now want to return it to the seller because you don't think it will grade well. if you emailed the seller about the blue on the pants and he didn't respond, you should not have bid. you have more ebay "issues" than anyone i have ever seen. i hope you don't ever win an auction of mine.

Dude I will be sure if I ever win anything from you I cut the card in half and file a paypal dispute saying it was damaged during shipment.

Total clown.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
EricInCT said:
mburgin said:
EricInCT said:

Dude I will be sure if I ever win anything from you I cut the card in half and file a paypal dispute saying it was damaged during shipment.

Total clown.

yes, that sounds exactly like something you would do. your a total tool and create every one of your problems yourself. look in the mirror to find out what the issue is with your ebay problems.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
mburgin said:
EricInCT said:
mburgin said:
EricInCT said:

Total clown.

yes, that sounds exactly like something you would do. your a total tool and create every one of your problems yourself. look in the mirror to find out what the issue is with your ebay problems.

Let it go man, you must suffer from anxiety or something.....take the meds and take a nap.

You obviously can't read or didnt look at the link.....i asked how the surface was and he said fine....I received a card with blue pants instead of white....emailed him and he said to send it back I did and that is the end of the story.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
They are rough....

I have (10) parallel autos of my dude and not one of them is grade worthy. Mostly due to multiple scratches on each one of them.

skrip

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Was this an issue with the regular chrome set too? I picked up about 10 autos at release (some base, some parallels) and maybe one or two would grade a 9 and none are 9.5 quality.

Members online

Latest posts