Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The REAL HR KINGS?

Will either record be beaten?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Now that the "steroid era" is pretty much over, Do you think anyone not accused of steroids will ever beat

MARIS 61 Single Season HR record
or
HANKS 755 Career HR Record

?????

61 could be done. Ryan Howard Challeneged it a few years ago.

But im sorry, the HR record for single season is 73. If MLB acknowledges it, then regardless , that IS the record.

As far as Bonds' OTHER record, maybe Arod in a few years and later Pujols if he stays healthy. Who knows though. All depends on Health and Injurys. Griffey SHOULD be all the time leader, but like i said, Health is the key.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
I agree with Mac. Nobody really knows and health plays a big key into whether they get broken again. The single season record could be broken at some point but 73 is tough. As for the alltime record, perhaps. Pujols and Arod have a shot but you have to wonder how long they have left to play. Arod has already battled injury and some love to tease about Pujols' true age. I would love to see a good run at it so that Bonds' name gets knocked off the list.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
Arod in a few years ....

Arod not elgible by stated question...Do you think anyone not accused of steroids will ever beat...

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
It doesn't matter if anyone who has never used steroids ever hits more than 61 or 755, because someone already HAS hit more than those.

The guys who have hit more than those two numbers ARE the REAL home run kings because MLB recognizes them as so.

Though, I will admit that I do believe that Pujols has an outside shot at breaking the al time home run record, so long as he stays healthy.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Anthony K. said:
It doesn't matter if anyone who has never used steroids ever hits more than 61 or 755, because someone already HAS hit more than those.

The guys who have hit more than those two numbers ARE the REAL home run kings because MLB recognizes them as so.

Though, I will admit that I do believe that Pujols has an outside shot at breaking the al time home run record, so long as he stays healthy.

+America

NYCrulesU

Jul 15, 2009
As salamu alaykum
wolfmanalfredo said:
Anthony K. said:

+America

What he said.

Lifelongfan

Aug 7, 2008
After alot of calculations---this is the way I see it.

Hanley Ramirez - 824 HRs

Ryan Sweeney - 791 HRs

Todd Frazier - 788 HRs

Ryan Howard - 762 HRs (ties suck)

Take it to the bank.

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
I lol'ed. ^

My MLB '07 The Show, signifies a man by the name of "Ryan Simons," to overtake the HR record by 2039.

Considering not being accused of taking steroids (general term there) does not imply not taking a substance, It's quite possible your subjective records, will be broken.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
I think the possibility of anyone hitting 61 or more again will be tough.

For Pujols to get to 756, he will have to maintain his average of 42 HR per year for the
next 9 1/2 years, and not be proven to have taken anything.

For the record Mike - I don't give a **** what records MLB recognies. The records are 61 & 755

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:

For Pujols to get to 756, he will have to maintain his average of 42 HR per year for the

For the record Mike - I don't give a shat what records MLB recognies. The records are 61 & 755

You have been thanked, sir.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Mozzie22 said:
chashawk said:

For the record Mike - I don't give a shat what records MLB recognies. The records are 61 & 755

Unfortunately for the people that think that what the MLB recognizes is all that counts...

Those ARE the records "tainted" or not..

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Just playing devil's advocate:

Who's to say 61 and 755 are clean? Amphetamines were pretty prevelant back then. Plus, imagine Maris's career path today. People would scream steroids.

bodiaz

Jan 19, 2009
73 is not coming down. Just think if they would have pitched to Bonds that year?! He may have hit 100! I would not be shocked to see someone run down the career record. Just will take someone to start young, and be consistant. Aaron wasn't thought of as a pure power hitter, he just hit about 30-35 per year for 20+ years. Can be done.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
chashawk said:

+1 They recognize them but with an asterisk*
61 has held for 48 years now and the MARIS family wants the record restored too

Roger Maris family wants '61' home-run record restored
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Roger+Maris+family+wants+home+record+restored/2437434/story.html

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
chashawk said:

+1,000,000

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
jmc280zx said:
Mozzie22 said:
chashawk said:

Unfortunately for the people that think that what the MLB recognizes is all that counts...

Those ARE the records "tainted" or not..

Agreed, those are the records*

73*
762*

Members online

Latest posts