Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BLOCK eBay user: cristinavisus

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Auction just ended and he sends me this gem below. Definitely consider blocking this moron.

"man this is my bad, but at the same time it's not. i had a buyer who had told me he'd buy from me, and the deal was all but done, until he backed out. thinking id get money from him, i bid on your sick blake, and won at the last second. im very sorry about this but at the same time its not really my fault. do you think you could see if the guy who i outbid would want a second chance offer on this card? that way i wouldnt feel like im causing you thta much trouble. let me know, and sorry again. thanks."

Allen

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Everybody screws up. I don't snipe, and I've definitely screwed up before.

That's when I send...

"Hey, I screwed up. I'll pay your fees and give you some money for your time"

...and then, "I didn't realize you wanted 18 dollars to ship a 3 dollar item, woops".

I mean -- judging by the message, the guys a moron, but occasionally good people get caught in crappy situations. If he doesn't pay, you're not getting your money anyways.

Ask him to pay the fees and a bit, and it'll go away.

Maybe he can't afford 80 bucks, but surely he can afford 8.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Doesn't seem like a total idiot or moron.

I wouldn't block him, only because he didn't just sit around forever and make you open up a NPB on him.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
pigskincardboard said:

That's when I send...

...and then, "I didn't realize you wanted 18 dollars to ship a 3 dollar item, woops".

I mean -- judging by the message, the guys a moron, but occasionally good people get caught in crappy situations. If he doesn't pay, you're not getting your money anyways.

And this is acceptable because...? A responsible adult won't get into these types of situations and it's not the seller's fault. Just file the NPB, just because he's a idiot isn't your fault. And if you do this more than once well maybe ebay isn't for you.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
pigskincardboard said:

That's when I send...

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is why I will immediately and cordially cancel transactions with buyers that ask me to. Is it worth the fight when they are not going to pay no matter what? You can't force them to pay.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
sportscardtheory said:
pigskincardboard said:

That's when I send...

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is why I will immediately and cordially cancel transactions with buyers that ask me to. Is it worth the fight when they are not going to pay no matter what? You can't force them to pay.
Yes, you can't force them to pay but they have rules for this situation. How many other times has he done this? Why as a seller should you waste your time listing items if someone is going to pull this? I say NPB him because he more than likely has done it before and hopefully they get the boot. I've had it happen too many times to me and have lost a lot of money because of it, especially when selling prospects and no longer put up with it. Just my opinion.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I'd consider just cancelling the transaction in almost every circumstance, but the buyer refusing to take blame for their own actions just deserves a NPB. I'd ask for seller fee's+ hassle compensated, and if that doesn't happen, throw them a NPB. Its really the only thing sellers can do nowadays. If you don't, they'll just keep doing this to other buyers whenever the win a card and later find a cheaper example.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Rickzcards said:
sportscardtheory said:
pigskincardboard said:

That's when I send...

Yes, you can't force them to pay but they have rules for this situation. How many other times has he done this? Why as a seller should you waste your time listing items if someone is going to pull this? I say NPB him because he more than likely has done it before and hopefully they get the boot. I've had it happen too many times to me and have lost a lot of money because of it, especially when selling prospects and no longer put up with it. Just my opinion.

It would definitely be situational. If they are nice about it and it's early in the process, I will just cancel it. I only do NPBs when I don't hear from the person after 7 days. I just had a sale that took the guy 2 weeks to pay, but I was patient with him because he was keeping in contact with me throughout.

Rickzcards

Sep 26, 2008
Sin City
sportscardtheory said:
Rickzcards said:
sportscardtheory said:
pigskincardboard said:

That's when I send...

It would definitely be situational. If they are nice about it and it's early in the process, I will just cancel it. I only do NPBs when I don't hear from the person after 7 days. I just had a sale that took the guy 2 weeks to pay, but I was patient with him because he was keeping in contact with me throughout.
Yes, I suppose it can be situational. After having dealt with some of the biggest idiots across the world on ebay for 7 years, you seem to hear it all and get bitter after getting burned quite a few times. But in this instance I wouldn't cut them slack.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
It sucks but if he covers your fees I would let it go. In this day and age at least he manned up and emailed you or at least gave you a reason.

Members online

Latest posts