Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2 09 ultimate w/ SCANS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Crazy how many Griffey Jr auto's they put out this year. Unbelievable how cheap his older auto's sell now because of this. I can't imagine how ppl feel selling cards like his 2001 SP Auto that I sold back when they came out for $350 and only getting like $40.

twcbjr

Aug 8, 2008
aaron41984 said:
Crazy how many Griffey Jr auto's they put out this year. Unbelievable how cheap his older auto's sell now because of this. I can't imagine how ppl feel selling cards like his 2001 SP Auto that I sold back when they came out for $350 and only getting like $40.

I don't think the effect is from '09 Ultimate. There's probably 1,000 Griffeys in this, but how many were in 2005 Reflections or 2005 Ultimate Signature - at least this many. It's just that this release, some cases have multiple, but there are just as many that have none. There have been a ton of Griffey autos since 2001, and I'd be willing to bet that most Griffey auto collectors have already secured their copy of 2001 SP, therfore the price drop over the past 9 years.

Members online

Latest posts