Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will a Woman ever play in the MLB?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
I know theres some ban stopping it from happening, but if it was lifted, do you think we'd ever see a Woman in the MLB?

I just dont see many places a Female can play. Maybe a pitcher but she would have to throw overhand and I dont know if its possible to hit high 80's for them.

I would assume hitting is out, even if she is a Samoan who are built big. I would think Rey Ordonez would have more power than her though.

Perhaps the best place, maybe only real spot, would be as a DR, Designated Runner (there has actually been a DR in Baseball history during the mid 70's). But how many teams would use a spot soley for a DR with no bat? Maybe when the rosters expand but not duirng the season for the most part.

Does anyone here know just how fast a top flight Female can throw a ball over hand or how far they can hit a ball?

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
70's I think was the top speed that Ila Borders pitched, and she pitched in the minor leagues recently. As a hitter, I can hit up to 70 mph at the cages, but I doubt if I can hit a 95 fastball from Lincecum.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
Karey Schueler was drafted in 1993 by the White Sox but she was the gm's dayghter so that doesnt count.Ila Borders through an 80MPH fastball and was the first women to play professional baseball.

blanning71

Super Moderator
Aug 8, 2008
Eastern North Carolina
lisu said:
70's I think was the top speed that Ila Borders pitched, and she pitched in the minor leagues recently. As a hitter, I can hit up to 70 mph at the cages, but I doubt if I can hit a 95 fastball from Lincecum.

Damn, thats some sexy words spoken right there! Ooooooooh Weeeeee!!

For the OP, when I get my fortune teller license in from IMAGOOFUS Enterprises, I'll let ya know. ;)

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm all for it. I also guarantee that when/if it happens her chrome rookies would sell for over $100 a pop.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
The biggest problem is the locker room. Especially when the players showers or changing their bra and *******. Is too much sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. If their is a women playing in this sport , it need to be in their own league similar to the WNBA.

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I don't think there should be a rule against it, but it would be a very rough road for them if there were to be enough talented players to be able to try it.

Members online

Latest posts