Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Post # 9000- The Best Heyward Card to Own Is?

Best Heyward Card?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
For my 9000th post, I wanted to ask you all.

eBay sales aside, which card of his would you most want to own or invest in?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
phillyfan0417 said:
Jaypers said:
For my 9000th post, I wanted to ask you all.

eBay sales aside, which card of his would you most want to own or invest in?

Since the Sterling ref isnt listed, i'm going with AFLAC...

I was just going with 'base' and insert cards, not parallels.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
sportscardtheory said:
sdsportsfan1214 said:
I dont see why people would want a 07 sterling auto sticker over a clean on card 07 aflac ::facepalm::

Why is it shocking that more people would want an official MLB card with him in his Braves jersey produced in the same year.

I just think the sterling card is ugly and also the fact that Heyward signed his full clean sig on the aflacs and not the shortened bunched sig he now has

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
What's interesting to me is that a bunch of us were convinced that these 2nd year BC Autos wouldn't hold a candle to previous issues, but it's clear to me that the acceptance of these 2nd year BC Autos is significant enough not to shy away from them. It seems now that "Rookie Card" definitions are even further muddied to the point where they're all but forgotten.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I would take the '07 Sterling auto over the '08 Chrome auto all day long. Sure, the '08 auto is outselling it now, but in the long run first year cards trump second year cards IMO. What is a second year card other than a second year card. I don't think in the long-term, people will be wanting second year autos more than "rookie" stuff. I would rather have a 2001 Pujols auto over a 2002 even if the 2002 was worth more.

notoriousrmb

Aug 7, 2008
Above Ground
sportscardtheory said:
I would take the '07 Sterling auto over the '08 Chrome auto all day long. Sure, the '08 auto is outselling it now, but in the long run first year cards trump second year cards IMO. What is a second year card other than a second year card. I don't think in the long-term, people will be wanting second year autos more than "rookie" stuff. I would rather have a 2001 Pujols auto over a 2002 even if the 2002 was worth more.

+1

I unloaded all my Chrome autos of his as soon as possible. I'm holding a Sterling for my PC and I'm still undecided on my elite auto.

sdsportsfan1214

Aug 14, 2008
San Diego
sportscardtheory said:

Agree with that 100% on investment potential

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
BowmanChromeAddict said:
What's interesting to me is that a bunch of us were convinced that these 2nd year BC Autos wouldn't hold a candle to previous issues, but it's clear to me that the acceptance of these 2nd year BC Autos is significant enough not to shy away from them. It seems now that "Rookie Card" definitions are even further muddied to the point where they're all but forgotten.

Exactly, I've found as an investor that more people want the 2nd year chrome autos than elite or sterling 1st year autos, and the best part is that they are often cheaper to buy than the 1st year stuff...but they ultimately the chrome autos outsell them when the player gets hot.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
BowmanChromeAddict said:

Exactly, I've found as an investor that more people want the 2nd year chrome autos than elite or sterling 1st year autos, and the best part is that they are often cheaper to buy than the 1st year stuff...but they ultimately the chrome autos outsell them when the player gets hot.

The sterlings are still outselling the second year chromes when we're talking about base. the sterlings are around 100 and the chromes in the 80's. Neither is really killing the other and I'm pretty sure the entry price on the sterling was lower.

Members online

Latest posts