Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have been busy...Heres what I've been busy with.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drw2007

Aug 9, 2008
Haven't had much free time to post, most of you probably don't even remember me from beckett. Anyway here is what I have been busy with. Soccer! and Soccer recruiting. I am currently a senior who is getting some interest from Division 1 and Division 3 schools. None of the schools I am interested in attending are d3. Heres my highlight tape if you want to give it a look. I am a goalkeeper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wymLhd4T ... annel_page

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Nice stuff! I am a goalie too, but I have to say I'm not nearly as good as you :D . It's an incredibly difficult position, way tougher than most people think.

drw2007

Aug 9, 2008
Thanks Guys, I appreciate it. Just one division one. I am choosing where I want to go based on academics and where I feel Comfortable. I'm talking to the coach at Bryant, which just turned D1 this year. Recruiting is a fun time. Making videos, going on visits, talking with coaches. I wish i was up to that level of Maryland and Indiana, but I consider myself to be a lower D1.

drw2007

Aug 9, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
Nice stuff! I am a goalie too, but I have to say I'm not nearly as good as you :D . It's an incredibly difficult position, way tougher than most people think.

I agree, It is so much more physically demanding than people think. Our training is incredible. The game for a keeper is so much mental too.

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
RandomH said:
Cool beans man. I went to Indiana for soccer camp a couple of years ago a really nice place. Good Luck to you in making your decision.

Same here. Went while I was back in HS. That camp was awesome.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
I nearly broke my ankle this summer while playing soccer.

I heard a crack, but nothing broke, there was a minor tear.

I have never experienced as much pain as I did that day.

I guess I am no Rooney :oops:

caseumsd6

Aug 13, 2008
Nick1190 said:
I nearly broke my ankle this summer while playing soccer.

I heard a crack, but nothing broke, there was a minor tear.

I have never experienced as much pain as I did that day.

I guess I am no Rooney :oops:

Nick, you know what happened to me this summer while playing indoor. Just started to be able to run after my surgery this week.....

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
drw2007 said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

I agree, It is so much more physically demanding than people think. Our training is incredible. The game for a keeper is so much mental too.

Yeah, very intense. I went to SoccerPlus goalie camp two years ago, the one led by Tony DiCicco (women's USA Olympic coach) and it was incredible. I learned so much.

Been to any good camps/training sessions?

drw2007

Aug 9, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
drw2007 said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

Yeah, very intense. I went to SoccerPlus goalie camp two years ago, the one led by Tony DiCicco (women's USA Olympic coach) and it was incredible. I learned so much.

Tony is my premier coach haha. Well he was anyway. I play with his son, and know Tony very well.
It is a great camp, I have been a few times. Well worth the money.

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
drw2007 said:
bigpapiMA32 said:
drw2007 said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

Tony is my premier coach haha. Well he was anyway. I play with his son, and know Tony very well.

Wow, very cool. I thought his son was kind of an ass, personally, but the pair of them certainly had a ton of knowledge.

MTBright

Aug 7, 2008
nice stuff, wish you the best. I played goal in soccer but by High school I was playing goal for water polo and played junior nationals and college. There is some similar thing in the two sports, lots of reaction times and heavily mental position. I now coach High School water polo, just finished my third year. Also this year i will be coaching the Middle School girls soccer team.... um not sure why.

One thing I have found is that most goalies are different breed, me included. But to have people kick, throw, hit a puck, and so on at you you have to be a little crazy. :)

drw2007

Aug 9, 2008
bigpapiMA32 said:
drw2007 said:
bigpapiMA32 said:
drw2007 said:
bigpapiMA32 said:

Wow, very cool. I thought his son was kind of an ass, personally, but the pair of them certainly had a ton of knowledge.

Yeah he has 3 sons, I have heard that the middle one is an ass. His youngest has always been nice to me anyway.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
i play high school goalie for lacrosse it is a demand, but ive seen some of the guys varsity soccer and being hit with a kacrosse ball doesnt compare to running 6 miles a day, i learned to take the pain(with a metal plate and screw in my left knee)

Members online

Latest posts