Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your Thoughts on Prime Cuts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I know most here are Prospectors but what do you think about this product?
Have you busted any?
Are you Buying Rookies?
Are you buying GU HOF?

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I tend to shy away from most of the sticker stuff--and this product is no exception. Case in point, the horribly cut off, smudged, etc. Hank Aaron/Willie Mays Dual AUTOs I have seen...

However, I do like the Quad and Jumbo Patches where at least the sticker is visible and not covering the player or the jersey like with most Donruss products anymore. And most of those seem to have full, unsmudged sigs as well....

I will say, from what I have seen so far, Topps Sterling seems to have just as good of patches and I like the design a bit better----anyone see the Cobb Quad Patch 1/1 from Sterling---WOW!!!

BearDog45

Sep 21, 2008
hank - he cant really sign anymore , i think they gave him oversized stickers to sign his cards and still it runs off the stick .

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
This one is insane!

[ebay:3ikcb4t6]260337272249[/ebay:3ikcb4t6]
3647_1.jpg

G

So far from what I've seen I like it, but that will change as soon as I get my box. ;)
Come Andrew pick me a good box LOL

G

George_Calfas said:
This one is insane!

[ebay:pys0wtf2]260337272249[/ebay:pys0wtf2]
3647_1.jpg
WOW 4 of the 5 offers all of them refused
Offer history
User ID Offer Status Date of Offer
g***0 ( 1369Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Pending Dec-26-08 00:10:51 PST
j***j ( 1364Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Declined Dec-24-08 23:08:59 PST
d***d ( 2316Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Declined Dec-24-08 16:00:40 PST
v***j ( 320Feedback score is 100 to 499) Declined Dec-24-08 15:52:35 PST
t***l ( 1205Feedback score is 1000 to 4,999) Declined Dec-24-08 14:33:57 PST

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
george, yeah, i saw the ozzie but could not help but think the worst....

1st off, that's not from the uncirculated case and i've seen some breaks from the little mini pack you get (2-3 auto/gu) and i have yet to see a prime patch like that yet that's not sealed with the uncirculated case so....

but that's just me

also, the box price jumped big time. wow.

still upset that i offered the same amount with another buyer and the seller accepted his over mine rose patch auto .... :x :x

dave

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
daveyou said:

1st off, that's not from the uncirculated case and i've seen some breaks from the little mini pack you get (2-3 auto/gu) and i have yet to see a prime patch like that yet that's not sealed with the uncirculated case so....

but that's just me

still upset that i offered the same amount with another buyer and the seller accepted his over mine.... :x :x

dave

The lack of a sticker is a BIG concern for me. I will not pull the trigger on this one, there are 4 more out there.

Pine Tar: I have dibs on the Bomb box from Andrew :D

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I am also curious as to why so many Tony Gwynn cards are a) in this set and b) already on ebay.
I do see a problem with cases packing, 1 seller has 3 different Jumbo Ozzie Smith's, and someone on the board pulled 2 low numbered cut autos in 3 boxes.

arod305

Aug 7, 2008
Would like to bust a box, but not sure if I feel like shedding out that much cash, hell you can buy pretty much three 07 bdp for one prime cuts. Also the rookies are horrific and no I would not be happy if a porcello, posey, or becham auto was my 'big hit'

bigalbert

Aug 7, 2008
It looks like a product to stay away from. If I had to choose between Cuts or Sterling I'd go with Sterling.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
daveyou said:

but that's just me

still upset that i offered the same amount with another buyer and the seller accepted his over mine rose patch auto .... :x :x

dave

The card itself says "prime patch"...

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I'm having mixed feelings on it. There are some spectacular cards, no doubt. What scares me, though, is the Porcello/Posey/Beckham autos as a big hit along with the fact that there are what, 250 Dimaggio cuts?
I had a pretty good feeling the box prices would jump so I'm pissed I didn't lock in a case at the pre-sale price.

dreamerfan

Aug 10, 2008
Rochester,Mi
I am excited over it as it has the first Larry Walker autos in ten years. I just started to see them trickle on to the net. I am pumped. I am looking to buy or trade for as many as I can.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Jeff N. said:
daveyou said:

but that's just me

dave

too early to tell but i am very certain that the colossal prime game worn cards are pulled only through the box topper. this auction makes it look like this was pulled from the mini pack

again, this is just my opinion.

dave

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
daveyou said:
Jeff N. said:
daveyou said:

but that's just me

dave

too early to tell but i am very certain that the colossal prime game worn cards are pulled only through the box topper. this auction makes it look like this was pulled from the mini pack

dave

The seller may have taken it out of the case for a better scan

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
thenumberonemetfan said:
daveyou said:
Jeff N. said:
daveyou said:

but that's just me

dave

dave

The seller may have taken it out of the case for a better scan

Scan in in the case w/o a sticker

Members online

Latest posts