Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

is houston the worst team in the league?

Who?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
js0000001 said:
My Mets are pretty bad so fare

ill never understand why the mets suck every year
their team is like an all star team
they added bay this year
beltran, wright, reyes, johan, krod

i dont get it

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
js0000001 said:

they added bay this year

i dont get it

Its because they try to compete with the Yankees instead of the teams in there division

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
miguelcabrera said:
or the red sox or nationals?

What is your obsession with calling a team with one of the best 1-2 punches and 3 offensive catalysts the worst team?

The Astros so far have been the worst offensive and worst pitching team in the league.

And they still won't get a break today when they take on the Cardinals.

Most fans of the team saw this at the beginning of last year (the little spurt after the All Star break was an aberration) and felt like parts of the team should have been auctioned off to the highest bidder (hence the reason Valverde and Hawkins were allowed to walk). The problem is that, other than Tejada and Lee, the team has had a horrible track record signing free agents (Lyon, Matsui, anyone on the pitching staff) and terrible drafts until the last two years (Mier, Bushue, Lyles and Seaton are a great start).

Time to move Lee, Berkman and *gulp* Oswalt and start preparing for the future of Pence, Castro, Johnson and whoever they get in the trades of those three players.

jetsrule4

Aug 16, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
js0000001 said:

they added bay this year

i dont get it
please understand that out of the players you listed 1 is a starting pitcher. there is your answer

DaveH

Apr 28, 2009
houston does look pretty bad right now... they still may end up with a better record than Pitt or the Nats though...

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Anthony K. said:
miguelcabrera said:
or the red sox or nationals?

What is your obsession with calling a team with one of the best 1-2 punches and 3 offensive catalysts the worst team?

The Astros so far have been the worst offensive and worst pitching team in the league.

And they still won't get a break today when they take on the Cardinals.

Most fans of the team saw this at the beginning of last year (the little spurt after the All Star break was an aberration) and felt like parts of the team should have been auctioned off to the highest bidder (hence the reason Valverde and Hawkins were allowed to walk). The problem is that, other than Tejada and Lee, the team has had a horrible track record signing free agents (Lyon, Matsui, anyone on the pitching staff) and terrible drafts until the last two years (Mier, Bushue, Lyles and Seaton are a great start).

Time to move Lee, Berkman and *gulp* Oswalt and start preparing for the future of Pence, Castro, Johnson and whoever they get in the trades of those three players.

the nats?

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Don't overlook the Indians. They are terrible. Don't know how many times I do this ::facepalm:: while watching them play.

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
[The problem is that, other than Tejada and Lee, the team has had a horrible track record signing free agents (Lyon, Matsui, anyone on the pitching staff) and terrible drafts until the last two years (Mier, Bushue, Lyles and Seaton are a great start).

Time to move Lee, Berkman and *gulp* Oswalt and start preparing for the future of Pence, Castro, Johnson and whoever they get in the trades of those three players.[/quote]

+1 to the above
I've never been a fan of Drayton Mclane. I got excited when it was discussed someone might buy the team from him.. Maybe next time we'll get lucky

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
robertwolf1 said:
[The problem is that, other than Tejada and Lee, the team has had a horrible track record signing free agents (Lyon, Matsui, anyone on the pitching staff) and terrible drafts until the last two years (Mier, Bushue, Lyles and Seaton are a great start).

+1 to the above
I've never been a fan of Drayton Mclane. I got excited when it was discussed someone might buy the team from him.. Maybe next time we'll get lucky[/quote]

McLane is one of the worse baseball personnel in the game.

Maybe Mark Cuban can branch into baseball :D

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
miguelcabrera said:
js0000001 said:

they added bay this year

i dont get it

Beltran and Reyes are chronically injured, Citi Field has harmed Wright's power, Johan and K-Rod have a ton of mileage on their arms and have already started slowing down. Bay is also not that good and is terrible defensively, Citi Field will exacerbate his defensive weaknesses and hurt his power. The Mets pitching is also terrible as a whole. Asking why the Mets suck every year is a bit like asking why the Cubs suck every year. They just do, they are the Mets. Also, having a racist GM and owners who try to call the shots and do so ineffectively don't help.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
jeff550 said:
the candidates

Pirates, Royals, Mets, Nationals, and Houston imo

If you replace the Royals with the Indians, I think you probably have the top suspects to finish with the worst record. I can't see the Royals doing worse than the Indians.

Members online

Latest posts