Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox Nation: How does it feel.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh3302

Oct 28, 2008
....to be swept in a 4 game set by us Rays :D

I think the Red Sox deserve a :benson: :benson:

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
As an O's fan I just regret that I actually pulled for the Sox to win in 2004. I have never seen people turn into such (you know whats) instantly. And it wasn't just a few people ruining it for everyone, it was nearly every Sox fan I came across after that.

Even though I don't see it happening because of how awful the O's are, I would love to see them fall completely to the bottom of the East.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
allstarauction said:
As an O's fan I just regret that I actually pulled for the Sox to win in 2004. I have never seen people turn into such (you know whats) instantly. And it wasn't just a few people ruining it for everyone, it was nearly every Sox fan I came across after that.

Even though I don't see it happening because of how awful the O's are, I would love to see them fall completely to the bottom of the East.

agreed. what a bunch of pouters. possibly some of the worst fans in all of sports

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
donrusscrusademan said:
allstarauction said:

agreed. what a bunch of pouters. possibly some of the worst fans in all of sports

Aren't generalizations fun?

As for the OP - clearly Tampa is a better team right now, so I'm not sure what you're shooting at here, other than to incite some of the more immature board members into an internet war. Or, do you have another thread ready to go to mock Rangers fans for getting swept by the Yankees? If so, then I apologize.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
josh3302 said:
....to be swept in a 4 game set by us Rays :D

I think the Red Sox deserve a :benson: :benson:

:lol: :lol:
It doesn't matter...the last I looked it was April 19.

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Hadn't realized us Sox fans had such a bad rep... I will agree with Bosox3 and point out it is April.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
bungle77 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
allstarauction said:

As for the OP - clearly Tampa is a better team right now, so I'm not sure what you're shooting at here, other than to incite some of the more immature board members into an internet war. Or, do you have another thread ready to go to mock Rangers fans for getting swept by the Yankees? If so, then I apologize.

It might be a generalization, but its true for most of the bandwagon fans that have the mob mentality when they visit other ballparks. If they'd just show up and numbers and cheer their team on and forget the annoying chants and obnoxious behavior, then you likely would see posts like that go away. I'm sure most of the true Sox fans are cool, but the bandwagoners that likely watch about 10 games a year and talk smack when they go to a game is what gives "the nation" a bad name and why a lot of people root against the Sox.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Look I'm a Rays fan and of course very excited, but this is the 2nd post on the main page made just to make fun of the Red Sox... That's not really needed, don't become like the annoying fans you don't like.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Also I've found most Red Sox fans on this board are nothing like the kind I find when I go to the Trop. It seems like most on here are "real" fans. Not the bandwagoners you run into when the Red Sox are in a visitor's park.

dynasty

Dec 9, 2009
meh Most of our lineup is slumping badly, the rays hit very well, our pitching staff are notoriously slow starters so I'm really not too worried. If this was July or August it would be a different story.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Penno said:
bungle77 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
allstarauction said:

It might be a generalization, but its true for most of the bandwagon fans that have the mob mentality when they visit other ballparks. If they'd just show up and numbers and cheer their team on and forget the annoying chants and obnoxious behavior, then you likely would see posts like that go away. I'm sure most of the true Sox fans are cool, but the bandwagoners that likely watch about 10 games a year and talk smack when they go to a game is what gives "the nation" a bad name and why a lot of people root against the Sox.

But that's true of bandwagon fans of ANY winning team with a national profile - Yankees, Cowboys, Lakers - it doesn't matter. And those people that you talk about - I have no problem with people hating them. I mean, I do too. But the comment about the "pouters" and "some of the worst fans in sports" clearly was not directed at them.

I'd like to think I'm in a growing segment of longtime fans that root for the guys in uniform (and in the farm system), and dislike everything else about "Red Sox Nation". I'm actually rooting for them to fail this year, and fail hard, because if Theo isn't going to build a winner for 2010, then maybe we can weed out some of the Pink Hats in the process.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
I don't care if it April, May, October, whenever, if you play that horrible in the field you aren't going to beat a college baseball team. I think every outfielder on the Red Sox roster made an error in the series. How often do you see that? Cameron, Hall, Hermida, and Drew all booted balls, not to mention Adrian "I lost a groundball in the lights" Beltre. If Sox fans can really look at that team and say you aren't worried? What would it take to worry you? I guess 6-18 or so to start maybe? How about 13-27? This isn't going to get better unless they do something serious. The Rays straight DOMINATED you. Not beat you, dominated you, in EVERY facet of the game. Hitting, defensive, pitching, running game, etc.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
The scary part is the Yankees are slow starters and the redsox are usually a fast starting team.

If the Yankees keep it up post-ASB this year will be fun.

donrusscrusademan

Sep 2, 2009
Penno said:
bungle77 said:
donrusscrusademan said:
allstarauction said:

yeah, this was what I was implying.. I should have gone on to say this

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
I didn't realize that the playoffs started May 1st. It seems like just yesterday that they were throwing out the first pitch of the new season. Time flies when you are on crystal meth I guess.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
13 games into the season and people counting the R-Sox out already?

You all should know better than that by now.

Latest posts