Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starlin Castro Now An Autograph in 2010 Bowman!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Just Tweeted from Topps.

"Starlin Castro, Dustin Ackley, and Stephen Strasburg all signed on card for Bowman today."

Sheesh. What's gonna be left for Bowman Chrome this summer?

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Jaypers said:
Just Tweeted from Topps.

"Starlin Castro, Dustin Ackley, and Stephen Strasburg all signed on card for Bowman today."

Sheesh. What's gonna be left for Bowman Chrome this summer?

Craziness, this product is shaping up to be a winner.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Superfractor said:
Are there any pictures, of them signing? I always find those, to be nifty.

I'll post it as soon as it appears. The Strasburg pic was shown earlier today.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
masonphillip said:
Are we sure he's not an auto in chrome that is just signing now?

We're not, and that would be pretty misleading if it turns out to be true. I'll tweet Topps and make sure.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Sheesh. I kept holding off on my pre-order for a jumbo case thinking prices would settle back down but I finally decided to bite the bullet last week while using a coupon I had from D&A.

Glad I did as Blowout was almost $100 higher than what I locked in as of this morning and that was before any mention of Castro.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Topps is charging distributors around the same price as last year, right? It just sorta bugs me that Topps finally puts out a really good product, and all of the value gets lost, somewhere in the chain. I'm not talking about Blowout in particular, as I don't order from them. I just get the feeling that my Hobby Shop is going to be killing me on boxes.

To me, this isn't a matter of supply and demand because I'm sure the price from topps proper hasn't changed.

In a system like this, how is it possible for the Manufacturer to provide added value to the consumer?

As it stands, there's literally nothing Topps can do to stuff more bang for the buck into a box, because the distributors and wholesalers will just jack up the price.

How many times has Topps randomly striped autographs from a Checklist for no damn reason at all? A month before Sale, they're there. On release, they're not.

This is why I like Panini's push away from online retailers that aren't mandated to pass savings/value onto the consumer.

Prospectmaster

I still think that even though this product is stacked they can make a nice 2010 Bowman Chrome product. Because I really wanna see a Simon Castro Chrome auto. But if Starlin is a chrome auto in this set then I am gonna be ready to stock up on him even though I currently have 7 chromes and an 09 BC Xfractor of him.

Members online

Latest posts