Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rumors: Yankees interested in Jonathan Sanchez

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
This would be nice since I have a pile of Sanchez cards ,but why do the Yankees need another pitcher? I guess he would be put in the 5th spot in the rotation. I still think the Braves end up trading for Sanchez. I also read another article saying Yankees may trade Swisher for Sanchez since they now have Tex. What do you Giants fans feel about Nady and Swisher?

mlbtraderumors.com

Now that the San Francisco Giants have lefty veteran Randy Johnson locked up, they are willing to listen to offers involving Jonathan Sanchez. Chris Haft of MLB.com asked Giants general manager Brian Sabean about the possibility after signing Johnson.

From Haft:

"We're going to have to be open-minded," Sabean said, although he repeated that he wouldn't obtain a player who's eligible for free agency after 2009.

The Giants have been listed as one of the teams who might be a good trade partner with the New York Yankees for a corner outfielder, in particular Xavier Nady, but he doesn't meet Sabean's requirement regarding free agency. Nady's contract ends after the '09 season.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
I'm torn because I like Jonathan Sanchez a lot, but with the Randy Johnson signing, he has become expendable especially for a big bat, which we need. I wouldn't mind the trade as long as we get at least Xavier Nady.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
lisu said:
I'm torn because I like Jonathan Sanchez a lot, but with the Randy Johnson signing, he has become expendable especially for a big bat, which we need. I wouldn't mind the trade as long as we get at least Xavier Nady.

The giants will be the team to beat in that division if they could get Nady and Swisher.

Johan Santana 57

Aug 8, 2008
Harrison, NY
thenumberonemetfan said:
lisu said:

The giants will be the team to beat in that division if they could get Nady and Swisher.

I'd trade Swisher but not Nady, Nady had a great year and if you are gonna trade him at least get something better than Jonathan Sanchez for him. Plus, why trade off one of the lower salary guys, why not try to move Swisher's what, 11 million or so?

G

I read that if Andy Pettitte does not re-sign with the Yankees, then Phil Hughes
may be in the 5th spot of the rotation. Although if they do get Sanchez, then maybe they feel
Phil is not worthy of the 5th spot.

sbarnes41

Aug 8, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Johan Santana #57 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
lisu said:

I'd trade Swisher but not Nady, Nady had a great year and if you are gonna trade him at least get something better than Jonathan Sanchez for him. Plus, why trade off one of the lower salary guys, why not try to move Swisher's what, 11 million or so?

Trading Nady would be stupid IMO.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
thenumberonemetfan said:
darocker80 said:
If we got Nady i'd be thrilled.

But so the OF would be Nady, Rowand, Winn with lewis playing when there is injury or need a break/slump?

I rather have lewis then Winn but im biased.
i'd rather we trade winn for a 3b or 1b and use lewis.

Winn is obviously better than Lewis, but i think lewis can really emerge next season if given a chance. Trade Winn for a first base or 3b!!!

Joewoowoo

Aug 24, 2008
Gillette,NJ
I dont want to see the yanks trade the X Nady. the yanks have to many outfielders so i see them making a trade . seven outfielders are on the active roster, Matsui , nady , swisher, damon , cabrera, christian, and Gardner.
My guess is they trade matsui swisher or Cabrera, maybe all 3 . Both Matsui and X-Nady are both free agents after this 09 season .Christian and Gardner have no real trade value and they have alot of speed when there in the game. Cabrera is a pretty good defensive outfielder but he lacks the bat to be or full time CFer.Damon what can you say great leadoff batter scary in the outfield. So I see the outfield on opening day like this , Damon in left, Gardner/Cabrera in center and Nady in right. Matsui DH . THATS A PRETTY SUSPECT OUTFIELD.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
GREAT!! hahaha Its just pathetic....get another OF guy...Schierholtz should get traded to a team that might give him a chance then.

sabresfreak

Sep 5, 2008
sbarnes41 said:
Johan Santana #57 said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
lisu said:

Trading Nady would be stupid IMO.

I totally agree I do not want Nady to be traded. I really liked him when he came over from the Pirates last year and he doesn't cost both arms and a leg and he seems to be a good character guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts