Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Our half of the inning..."

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I am reading a book by John Grisham called The Painted House. I'm not too far into it, but so far a lot of the book has been about baseball. They are playing a little game out on the farm right now, and when the narrator's team's offense gets the third out, and his team heads out for defense, the kid says "Now that our half of the inning is over...."

I thought that was so strange, because both teams really play both halves of all innings. Maybe it's just because most of my adult life I've followed Starting Pitchers instead of outfielders or something... but if I had to choose a half of the inning to be "Our Half", the half I would tune in for, it would be the defense.

Are you guys familiar with the concept of "our half" of innings?

And also, the name Stan Musial gets mentioned quite a bit... and I know I said I'm reading the book, but I'm actually listening to the audio book... the guy pronounces Musial so it rhymes with "usual". And I mean, that's kinda similar to how I've always pronounced it, but not quite. And maybe it's just the way he doesn't put a space or something, I swear it sounds like "Stan Usual". It's killin me.

Hope everybody else is having a fabulous Friday night! And I hope everybody isn't thinking:
newthread.gif

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Re:

cgilmo said:
I'm just busy thinking about Henderson forum durability.

:lol:

POST THANKED!!!

I seemed to be the only one for it last crash, but hopefully maybe everyone will agree with me this time. I spend a lot of time worrying about it myself.

Members online

Latest posts