Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Bowman Chrome card condition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
For the graders out there...how are the conditions of the cards (especially the autos)?

For me...the base seem to be clean for the most part. Better than 2009 (at least the ones I've pulled!)

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Messier2 said:
For the graders out there...how are the conditions of the cards (especially the autos)?

For me...the base seem to be clean for the most part. Better than 2009 (at least the ones I've pulled!)

Centering is a big-time issue, especially the reverse-side centering. In some cases, it's just unbelievable.

The cards themselves are super-sharp, though. I've encountered a good bit of a dull cut on more than few base, which leads to shady edges.

That's about it.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
lisu said:
A lot of autos seem to have fingerprints on them too. I noticed that on mine. Going to have to wipe all my cards!

Yeah, I noticed that too! Much more than in previous releases!

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I think they are VERY hit or miss. I have talked with a few guys that said most of their autos were REALLY BAD.

I would say mine were half and half gradeable and not....

skrip

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Hmm i only opened one box (so small sample size) but everything seemed perfect (centering, scratches, corners, edges etc) except one card with massive bubble haha.

striderboi

Nov 3, 2009
Bay Area
My main issue was centering and print dots on most them. I kinda have a feeling BGS 9.5 or PSA 10 will be getting some good coin

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Only busted a few packs and looked at a bunch at card show. So small sample. Overall typical Bowman Chrome. Most have minor scratches, that still get 9.5 on good days. Seen quite a few soft a soft corner. Those will pull 9 most of time, few sneak in for 9.5. A few were bad, lots scratches and dinged corners. But not too many. Centering can be hit or miss. A lot of 60-40 still can get the 9.5 with those.

marterburn

gvsu96 and I's case was filled with a lot of minor defects, but nothing that seemed like a continuing pattern, or horribly bad centering.

My Teheran refractor I auto (that I pulled later) had an interesting one. It looks like the ink did not cure properly on the sheet, then stuck to the one below it. Then the stock ripped a little when they got un-stacked for the "chrome-ing" process. So the rip was under the chrome. Wish I scanned it before I sent it back to Topps.

clubhouse sports

Jan 8, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Also in years past, you've been able to have your fingers on the card to squeeze it or sturdy it to wipe it down. I STRONGLY advise AGAINST that this year. I recommend laying the card on a flat, hard surface and wipe it down that way using your opposite hand to steady the card with a microfiber cloth.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Brutal quality control this year. This years surfaces are worse then last years by far. The gold.and orange base parallels have a film on the surface too. These will not be an easy grade.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
striderboi said:
My main issue was centering and print dots on most them. I kinda have a feeling BGS 9.5 or PSA 10 will be getting some good coin

QC might have been awful but is that a bad thing? This allows for better value of nice cards. In past years it seemed like all cards are PSA/BGS 9 or better so why grade them? Premiums for good cards will benefit the prospector imho.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Those scratch lines look like Topps Chrome from awhile back...'08 I think. I found that some disappeared after a good polish.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
jcmint said:
Brutal quality control this year. This years surfaces are worse then last years by far. The gold.and orange base parallels have a film on the surface too. These will not be an easy grade.

This. I recieved a card saturday that looked like it had knuckle children smeared all over it. :?

Latest posts