Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oswalt Asks to be dealt....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
19braves77 said:
Good time to rebuild.

I mean, their system's getting better but they were clearly far and away the worst.. possibly ever. If you're trading Oswalt, there's almost no point in getting anyone that'll contribute in the next 3 years.

The Astros really need to cut weight.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
I just made a post on this Oops.. ::facepalm:: (didn't see your's even though it was 3 down :lol: ).

As I wrote in my post, I don't blame Oswalt in the least as the offense hasn't given him, or anyother pitcher, any run support. I think there's a time in every player's life to be selfish & think of "Me", especially when your team owner is always doing that samething!

Thanks for all the productive year's Oz, you'll be missed!
We better get something good in return! :D

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Pine Tar said:
19braves77 said:
Good time to rebuild.
So is Berkman far off then. And even Pence LOL

Berkman very well might be if he accepts a trade, which I'm not certain he will given he's a hometown guy & is most likely nearing the end of his career...I think he'll elect to go down with the sinking ship. :lol: Pence won't be going anywhere as the Astros know he's young enough to build around (we're not 3 year's out, as suggested in a previous post).

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Pine Tar said:
19braves77 said:
Good time to rebuild.
So is Berkman far off then. And even Pence LOL

Berkman very well might be if he accepts a trade, which I'm not certain he will given he's a hometown guy & is most likely nearing the end of his career...I think he'll elect to go down with the sinking ship. :lol: Pence won't be going anywhere as the Astros know he's young enough to build around (we're not 3 year's out, as suggested in a previous post).

I honestly don't think Pence is anyone to build around. He's more of a piece than anything else.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
Love how the article says the Mets have no money, the Wilpons really need to come up with a new excuse.
Incredible. If they don't put together a team they will have no fans in the stadium to go with their no money !!

When are some teams going to figure out economics. Win games you fill the seats, you make more money !!!

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
Something tells me the Mets are going after him with Fernando Martinez being the center piece. Mets need pitching now that Maine is on the DL. If the Mets get swept this series expect a major move.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
DaProspectKid said:
Something tells me the Mets are going after him with Fernando Martinez being the center piece. Mets need pitching now that Maine is on the DL. If the Mets get swept this series expect a major move.

Not saying your wrong but I would think FMart is not on the table. I expect to see Frenchy done after this year, I'm sure the Mets would want to keep him. Plus his stock is not too high at the moment.

But hey, anything is possible.

DaProspectKid

May 19, 2010
gregbara said:
DaProspectKid said:

Not saying your wrong but I would think FMart is not on the table. I expect to see Frenchy done after this year, I'm sure the Mets would want to keep him. Plus his stock is not too high at the moment.

Ya I hear ya but something about this kid scares me he reminds me much too of alex escobar. I think if oswalt is out there to get they should go get him the Mets pitching staff sucks right now.

gregbara

Aug 10, 2008
Agreed that the Mets should get him.

The biggest mistake of the Mets this past off-season was not picking up a decent starter.

DaProspectKid said:
gregbara said:
DaProspectKid said:

Ya I hear ya but something about this kid scares me he reminds me much too of alex escobar. I think if oswalt is out there to get they should go get him the Mets pitching staff sucks right now.

Members online

Latest posts