Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heard a Rumor........Wossa=Robin Williams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
Heard this at the LCS on the Tuesday when '10 Bowman came out. Was there to bust a couple of jumbo boxes are I was joined by several other shop regulars to do the same. I was talking with the others about Ebay and the online aspect (including trading sites like FCB) of the hobby when we started talking about Wossa. The shop owner was very familiar with him as were a couple of the other customers and thats when one of them said,'You mean Robin Williams?" Supposedly Williams is a big-time (see Olberman) collector and loves him some SF Giants. The customer who told me he was sure of this because he was aware of the Ike Davis Super selling to him (Wossa) sometime after release and then him seeing Robin Williams at a California card show with a box full of SUPER-HIGH END stuff including the Ike Davis Super. This is not spam, I'm not even sure if this is old news or what, but there seems to be a cloud of mystery surrounding the identity of this Ebay bidder and I thought I would share what I heard from a somewhat reliable source.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
On BMB a long time ago I said he was Joe Piscopo & then another member said he was someone famous...the story has warped & now he is Robin Williams...The real question is who will Wossa be next? :shock: :p

Edit- the Piscopo thing was to "throw the scent" as I had dealt with him & was being asked who he was (since I blurted that I had just dealt with him ::facepalm:: )... Honestly, the name was just a normal guy, I don't even remember what it was being that it was nothing special (ala Brian Smith or Mike Jackson, etc)... He's not famous or I'd remember the name! (thought I'd confirm that Wossa is a nobody just like the rest of us :lol: )

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
i've sold to him many times and have spoken with him on his cell phone and can tell you with 100% certainty it is not robin williams

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
marterburn said:
mburgin said:
i've sold to him many times and have spoken with him on his cell phone and can tell you with 100% certainty it is not robin williams

i agree. I've sold to him too. I just choose to perpetuate the lie.

yes, same here. when these threads reach several pages i normally email him the link and he gets a kick out of reading them. he does read these boards though believe it or not.

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
I will never understand the obsession. He definitely has an amazing collection (from what I know) which I would love to look through, but beyond that, these threads are ridiculous.

Members online

Latest posts