Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ike Davis Question - Hold or Sell?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK1989

May 17, 2010
This may be a stupid question but would you sell or keep Ike Davis cards right now? I know his prospect hype is basically over but he looks like a solid player who will only get better. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Sell when he have a good week. Mets have to win for his popularity to continue. With 3 starting pitchers that are really reliever I can't expect them to be a truth contender in the long run.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
championMan said:
Sell when he have a good week. Mets have to win for his popularity to continue. With 3 starting pitchers that are really reliever I can't expect them to be a truth contender in the long run.

Mets only have 4 starters and none of them are relievers

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
I think Ike is being overshadowed right now with all the hype from all the other big name prospects like Strasburg, Heyward, Castro, etc. I think hold for a bit and if he starts mashing the ball, then put it up on the bay.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
MK1989 said:
This may be a stupid question but would you sell or keep Ike Davis cards right now? I know his prospect hype is basically over but he looks like a solid player who will only get better. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I think you answered your own question. Now that the prospect hype is over, the downside risk is too great not sell. It almost takes all-star level play at this point to keep his prices stable. If you truly like him long-term, sell now and rebuy in the offseason.

Alex

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
I would sell. He is priced like a power hitter without the power.
Put the $$$$ into Heyward, Stanton, Montero, and Santana.
BG

Members online

Latest posts