Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are the Cubs dumb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
They are going to move Cashner to the bullpen. He was just named the PCL player of the week with 2 wins an a under 1.00 ERA. They are gonna run another solid pitcher that could be a good top 3 starter. They also did the same thing with Jackson and Samardjiza(sp). When will they learn to just leave there prospects alone. If you dont need them as starters other teams will pay a premium for these guys or you can trade starters you have for prospects an bring said players up.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
so the reason they move him tot the bull pen is so they can call him up and he can have some big league playing time

He will be with the big club in June '

Yes I said it ******* :D

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The Cubs are the Cubs.

Honestly, you can't go over 100 years without a championship on bad luck alone. They've had a lot of help. It's a losing culture, and it always will be. Of course, they're more valuable as losers anyways so good for them. Not everyone can make money being the "lovable losers" but they have perfected it.

They won't have to start winning and changing that culture until Wrigley turns into sand and they are forced to move.

Oh, and for the record...Samardzija was an overdrafted project so let's not count him.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
200lbhockeyplayer said:
The Cubs are the Cubs.

Honestly, you can't go over 100 years without a championship on bad luck alone. They've had a lot of help. It's a losing culture, and it always will be. Of course, they're more valuable as losers anyways so good for them. Not everyone can make money being the "lovable losers" but they have perfected it.

They won't have to start winning and changing that culture until Wrigley turns into sand and they are forced to move.

Oh, and for the record...Samardzija was an overdrafted project so let's not count him.

I was shocked when he picked baseball over football.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
They have many many dumb moves that they make. But this isnt a team that will stay in the playoff chase for a long time. I really thought they would try an keep Cashner down in AAA till at least July but by then they would be out of the playoffs an the roster would be in a little bit of a fire sale.

I really thought that they would be trying to trade away a starting pitcher or 2 an maybe even a surprise trade like Soriano. If they could make these trades for prospects they would have a future

Instead they send there promising good arms (Jackson and Cashner) to the bullpen an straight to the wolves. I cant believe that these players are happy with this either. Yes they get to go to the bigs but playing from the bullpen after they were brought through the system as starters is weak.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
For him to make what he was guaranteed by the Cubs, Samardzija would have been taking a huge risk. They overpaid so he didn't have to think too hard about the NFL.

The Cubs are notorious for holding on to prospects until they drown, then get rid of them. While at the same time allow AAA players to rot in Iowa while refusing to trade them as well.

It's a clown car organization with wannabe rich kids as their so-called fans.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
yes i have been paying attention. I just thought they could finally make some better choices with there young talent. I am only a fan of certain players on the team an Cashner is one of them.

I am luck that this isnt the team that i cheer for all year long. I have the tigers to thank for that ;)

bmc398

May 25, 2009
t3dudek said:
i was also shocked when he picked baseball over football.
He'd be rolling in the dough right now. As much as I hate Notre Dame he was a pretty talented WR. Now would that translate into the NFL? Who knows, but he would have gotten paid a ton, and then could have tried baseball lol.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
Q : Are the Cubs dumb?

A : My old law professor prefers the term "ill-informed" to dumb or idiot, but yes they ae very, very ill-informed... nah i'll say it "dumb". Any great pitcher that the cubs draft can count on their career lasting about 3 years unless theyh hold out and demand a trade :benson:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
200lbhockeyplayer said:
For him to make what he was guaranteed by the Cubs, Samardzija would have been taking a huge risk. They overpaid so he didn't have to think too hard about the NFL.

The Cubs are notorious for holding on to prospects until they drown, then get rid of them. While at the same time allow AAA players to rot in Iowa while refusing to trade them as well.

Right there is complete ********. Sorry Mike.

Those assclowns you see on TV talking on their phones and chuggin mai tais are NOT Cubs fans.

Those are yuppy-ass Wrigley Field fans. Most real Cub fans can't afford the ******* tickets anymore.

Btw: How's about we give the new owners 1 season before we lump them in with the morons in Tribune Tower.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
ow would that translate into the NFL? Who knows, but he would have gotten paid a ton

Most likely he would be as rich as you think. He wasnt a top flight WR in college he was solid but not good prob a 4-6 round pick. This would of made him only league min money with a signing bonus less then he received from the cubs. He made the decision that paid him the most the fastest.

An
sigh

damn cubs

You an i where both big fans of him. You eve nwrote a big article about him. But looks like the Cubs screwed up he starts his AAA bullpen session today. They took him out of the starting lineup to work prob 2 innings of relief. Stupid move. He was last weeks PCL player of the week. He is putting up Strasburg type numbers in all year an they demote him. I dont know if i am more pissed at my big collection of his auto's an chromes that will take a nose dive in value or if i just feel bad for him. He even said in a recent article that he was suprised by this move an that it was talked about a long time ago but not recently at all. He probably expected to stay in AAA all year but being the starter.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
chashawk said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Those assclowns you see on TV talking on their phones and chuggin mai tais are NOT Cubs fans.

Those are yuppy-ass Wrigley Field fans. Most real Cub fans can't afford the fracking tickets anymore.

Btw: How's about we give the new owners 1 season before we lump them in with the morons in Tribune Tower.
Charlie, I agree with that, and that's why I stated "so-called fans" instead of fans.

In regards to the new owners, money has never been an issue...it's management and culture. It will take a serious overhaul to change that culture...something Chicago is not ready for. The mindset of "we want to win" only means so much when you're getting paid either way. Basically, the team needs to be blown up, the entire management team needs to blown up, and all the way down the minor league system wholesale changes need to be made. Not with how they draft, but how they groom the players throughout the system.

Are they really going to do that?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
200lbhockeyplayer said:
chashawk said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Those are yuppy-ass Wrigley Field fans. Most real Cub fans can't afford the fracking tickets anymore.

Charlie, I agree with that, and that's why I stated "so-called fans" instead of fans.

In regards to the new owners, money has never been an issue...it's management and culture. It will take a serious overhaul to change that culture...something Chicago is not ready for. The mindset of "we want to win" only means so much when you're getting paid either way. Basically, the team needs to be blown up, the entire management team needs to blown up, and all the way down the minor league system wholesale changes need to be made. Not with how they draft, but how they groom the players throughout the system.

Are they really going to do that?
I honestly hope that Sandberg is managing the big club next year.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I dunno. If it can help the major league club, I don't see how it's a horrible idea.
I guess the argument could be "why bother" since their already a bit back.....so maybe it's best he gets his innings in in the minors, but IMO if he's going to be a good pitcher - he'll still be a goof pitcher if they make this move.

Didn't hurt guys like Price and Hughes long term when the need called for them to go to the bullpen. I don't really see the problem bringing him up before September. Maybe he even gets the chance at a couple spot starts, or just move him into the rotation if they fall further out.

Members online

Latest posts