Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Miggy and the MT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I just want to say a bit about the comments ref: miggy and the MT.

Yes, the MT has some rules, just like this message board. They help keep the system running smooth. I understand that many people might feel they are pointless but they are carry overs from BMB due to issues that around with this and other threads near the websites downfall.

Yes, I pm'd miggy and simply told him how we like to operate and when we were done talking about it he understood where I was coming from. Since Dan is up early with family and such the MT voted him the starter of the weekday thread. In the past several threads were started daily this just helps keep the main page clean with no need for the merging of threads. Weekends have always been first come first start the thread since people tend to get a start a bit later. Miggy in fact started the weekend thread on numerous occasions and the group of regulars posted. Miggy posted in the thread with fair regularity, some people did not respond to him because he is on their "Foe" list.

I find it laughable that the MT supposedly does not talk to new-comers, how has the group grown in the past year? We have welcomed many new faces, people just have to keep with it and engage in conversation.

Personally, I think the MT is a good group of guys. They have stepped up to provide Baseball Board Secret Santa gift to several board members who were screwed. The group is always sending free gifts to people and helping out when members need something.

Please feel free to join the MT, our case breaks, etc....

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
George_Calfas said:
[quote="Russ S.":1v57ow3p]Morning George. ;)

How goes it Russ?[/quote:1v57ow3p]
Pretty good.
Pretty jet lagged!
Just got back into Germany today after 3 weeks of Advanced Culinary Training in VA.
We served a 9 course "Thomas Keller - French Laundry" meal to the Quartermaster General and 23 other DV's on Thursday.

Gonna post a 3 week mail thread in the next day or 2. Keep your eyes peeled. :)

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
Hey George, didn't mean to start any controversy last night with my reinstate Miggy thread :)

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
George_Calfas said:
I find it laughable that the MT supposedly does not talk to new-comers, how has the group grown in the past year? We have welcomed many new faces, people just have to keep with it and engage in conversation.

BS.

I've seen quite a few instances now where a new head pops in as cordial as can be and gets flat ignored in that thread, to include a football mod and myself.

No worries and no love lost, I just felt compelled to speak up on what you're apparently missing.

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
i've posted on the MT the past few days (as i've onl been registered for a week) with no problems from others replying to what i've posted, heck i just thought it was a regular thread to say "morning" to everyone, it was not presented as a "cool club only" type thing. so i will agree with the OP that anyone can/should stop by to say hello, like i said no one's told me to get lost :ugeek:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
People take this stuff way too seriously.

I mean my god, there should NEVER be a reason for a reinstate ANYONE thread.

Future threads will probably result in a lock and the OP joining his comrade in asylum. Seriously guys, when a suspension happens it does so for a reason, and you posting about it like an idiot only makes the situation worse.

If you have a problem with a suspension, send a damn pm.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
man if this is how people can find the MT with threads like this then I'm down with it :lol: :lol:

I kid and I don't see what can be all the hub bub about any thread on here at all.
Come on over and join the party and keep on posting in what ever thread you guys want on here.
Now as for my topics I start....I know they are never anything to comment on about and if you go look
they rarely get a response. :oops: I try not to start any because they just clog up the main boards anyway for the more interesting
post ;)

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
bowmanchromeandorr said:
i've posted on the MT the past few days (as i've onl been registered for a week) with no problems from others replying to what i've posted, heck i just thought it was a regular thread to say "morning" to everyone, it was not presented as a "cool club only" type thing. so i will agree with the OP that anyone can/should stop by to say hello, like i said no one's told me to get lost :ugeek:

You thought wrong newbie.

:lol:

Seriously though... I have read the thread a couple mornings and it is apparent to me that you are either in the club, or you are not. The rules on how to get into said club are unwritten, so the only person who knows them is Dallas Braden. It's a pickle.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I've been a ragular in the MT for a long time now. It's a great group of guys. I can honestly say, without hesitation, that I have never intentionally ignored anyone in any thread, including the Morning Thread. As for Snyper and Ryo, I know for a fact I would respond to Nate when he posted in the MT. I rather enjoyed having some more football presence in the thread.

It's obviously not a "cool kids" club because they let me post in the thread.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
RL24 said:
bowmanchromeandorr said:

You thought wrong newbie.

:lol:

Seriously though... I have read the thread a couple mornings and it is apparent to me that you are either in the club, or you are not. The rules on how to get into said club are unwritten, so the only person who knows them is Dallas Braden. It's a pickle.

If you dont post in the MT, you are always welcome to. We wouldnt have 40+ people joining in on donating gifts if it was some great mystery as to how to join, so please stop in. If you dont post in it, you'll never really see what goes on as to how we help others out.

Not to mention, if it was closed off, many of the mods would have said something by now. The drop in whenever they can just like everyone else. Give it a chance.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
muskiesfan said:
I've been a ragular in the MT for a long time now. It's a great group of guys. I can honestly say, without hesitation, that I have never intentionally ignored anyone in any thread, including the Morning Thread. As for Snyper and Ryo, I know for a fact I would respond to Nate when he posted in the MT. I rather enjoyed having some more football presence in the thread.

It's obviously not a "cool kids" club because they let me post in the thread.

I actually read a lot of what Nate enters on the FB boards as well. I've even talked to the mods/gilmore in the past about how to get more of a FB presence and make the site grow as more of a one stop place for everything. I am just doing whatever I can to help.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I feel I should defend the MT, Miggy got banned for the fact that I warned him over and over to straighten up and stop "violating rule #1 over and over". He wasn't adding anything to the board when he was booted for a 2 month time out that is soon ending I believe. I was the one who banned him, I was also the one who talked the board out of permabanning him at the National. I stuck my neck out for him and talked all the mods out of kicking him off for good then.

He did nothing but make me look bad after he was let back on, and he had to go. Hopefully he learns from this and can come back and be a productive member of our site.

One of, if not the best parts of this site BY FAR is the Morning Thread. How anyone can say a negative thing about it is insane. They are welcoming, they are friendly, and it is a group of collectors that like to talk cards. They are a HUGE part of what makes this site great, and we should thank them, not be bashing them over someone like Miggy.

There are rules on this site, and what is the point of them if we just let people violate them over and over?

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
The rules of joining the MT are long and tedious.

Rule 1: Post in the MT

That's about it.

I don't know of another website or thread where I can meet a guy, then fly to where he lives and catch a ballgame with him?
I mean, if I was a sex predator, and Chris Hansen had answered the door instead of Alex, I might have been in trouble, but that didn't happen.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Without a doubt, the BIGGEST misconception is that other posters in the FB, Hockey forums etc are not welcome to join. Couldnt be farther from the truth! There's no reason to stay exclusive to one board unless you want to. I want every sport to get traffic on here. :)

thefatguy

Aug 10, 2008
Canada
MojoDan said:
Without a doubt, the BIGGEST misconception is that other posters in the FB, Hockey forums etc are not welcome to join. Couldnt be farther from the truth! There's no reason to stay exclusive to one board unless you want to. I want every sport to get traffic on here. :)
Even racing??!?!?

The greatest day in motorsport is tomorrow....Used to be the Monaco GP as well. 1100 Miles and my butt will be tired!

Members online

Latest posts