Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Advice Wanted - Mantle PSA Slabs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
The real heading here should be "If it seems too good to be true...". Anyway, I'm looking for advice as to what to look for to tell if PSA slabs have been tampered. For some reason, I remember someone commenting about the seal "frosting" if it's been tampered but I really can't remember.

The reason for wanting the advice is that there is a lot of 1960s cards for sale that includes high-grade PSA (8's and 9's Mantles. The lot price is approximately 20% less than that of the Mantles alone based on recent sales I've found and that has me concerned that something isn't right.

Alex

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
UMich92 said:
The real heading here should be "If it seems too good to be true...". Anyway, I'm looking for advice as to what to look for to tell if PSA slabs have been tampered. For some reason, I remember someone commenting about the seal "frosting" if it's been tampered but I really can't remember.

The reason for wanting the advice is that there is a lot of 1960s cards for sale that includes high-grade PSA (8's and 9's Mantles. The lot price is approximately 20% less than that of the Mantles alone based on recent sales I've found and that has me concerned that something isn't right.

Alex
If the lot is on Craiglist or on EBay from California then stay away.Pm me a link if you want and I will be able to help more.
Mike

Members online

Latest posts