Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which SP are going to the All-Star game: AMERICAN

Who is going to the All-Star game for the AL? (PLEASE CHOOSE SEVEN PITCHERS)

• Ricky Romero

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clay Buchholz

• Jon Lester

• Andy Pettitte

• David Price

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Everyone knows - with the three no hitters (or four), two perfect games (or three depending on how you look at it), and the plethora of NEAR no-hitters...that this is the pitchers year.

I thought it would be interesting to put up polls for both AMERICAN and NATIONAL to see who would be going to the All-Star game. This has to be the most difficult decision the All-Star managers have had in over a decade.

Let's assume that only 7 starting pitchers go (there could be one or two more for each team - but for the poll's sake let's assume only 7 go).

IMPORTANT: You have to remember that one rep from each team HAS to go - so in case of the Indians - Mitch Talbot is most likely the rep for that team b/c their hitting is HORRIBLE!!!

APOLOGIES TO: Doug Fister (not enough wins), Justin Verlander (other Tigers will go), Matt Garza (hasn't been pitched well as of late/other Rays will go), Jered Weaver, and Shaun Marcum and Brett Cecil (other Blue Jays will go)

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
nborton said:
pigskincardboard said:
markakis8 said:
no one thinks Mitch Talbot is going to the AS game huh? :lol:

I think Choo has to find his way to the All-Star game, right? Right? Who else goes from the AL?

I agree. Choo seems like the guy on the Indians.

I looked up Choo's stats and was surprised to see Austin Kearns matching him hit for hit. It was cute.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
ummmm...where in the hell is weaver? he's 6-3 w/ a 3.29era 87.2ip 80h 23bb and 96k

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
I think Hughes will start the game if the All-Star game was tomorrow. Right now Hughes is 9-1. Tied for the AL in wins. Price is the other option. He is 9-2. Price has a lower ERA, but hughes has more strikeouts and less walks. Hughes also has a lower WHIP and lower OBA.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Canocollector#1 said:
I think Hughes will start the game if the All-Star game was tomorrow. Right now Hughes is 9-1. Tied for the AL in wins. Price is the other option. He is 9-2. Price has a lower ERA, but hughes has more strikeouts and less walks. Hughes also has a lower WHIP and lower OBA.

If it wasn't for Hughes TWO Sixth inning, two out, 5 run outbursts, his ERA would be a lot lower.

Hughes has been my favorite Yankee to watch pitch this year.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Halonut said:
ummmm...where in the hell is weaver? he's 6-3 w/ a 3.29era 87.2ip 80h 23bb and 96k
You really think that is AS material? You must be a huge weaver fan. He has good numbers, but a lot if not all of the pitchers up there have better numbers.

trademhigh

Aug 10, 2008
Halonut said:
mitch talbot better than weaver eh? i don't think so.
Then you didn't read the thread.
He justified him being placed up there because the Indians may have trouble getting someone else there (although it was discussed the Choo will be their representative). Neither Weaver nor Talbot deserve a spot in the poll.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
while i forgot to add jered weaver to the Apologies list (i will add him then), he would not have made the poll.

talbot is up there b/c he has a legitimate shot at being the only Indians rep up there. Jered Weaver also has a legitimate shot b/c the game is in LA and he has pitched well enough. ;)

Halonut said:
mitch talbot better than weaver eh? i don't think so.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
all of these guys from the tribe are more deserving than talbot imo...

choo .291 8 32 w/ 12-2b 2-3b 10-sb .392obp
kearns .297 7 31 w/ 15-2b .385obp
carmona 5-5 3.23 86.1ip 75h 32bb 45k

carmona is a bit of a stretch but his numbers are better than talbot (7-4 3.59 77.2ip 74h 31bb 35k)

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Maybe I'm missing something but doesn't Weaver have the most K's in the AL?
Doesn't he have exactly the same ERA as Ricky Romero? The guy someone thoguht should start?
Isn't Ricky Romero's 1.22 WHIP worse than Weaver's 1.17 WHIP?

Only Brandon Morrow has a better K:9 in the AL and only Lee, Greinke and Shields have better K:BBs.

Seriously, what's up with the Weaver bashing -- He's having just as good of a season as half the guys on that list. Unless you're just making a list of the best ERAs in the game, then sure, he's 14th best.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts