Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game Used Jerseys Question/Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
So lets say there's a seller on the bay selling a bunch of mlb jerseys. Most of these jerseys are regular knit/cool base/BP authentic blanks or ones with names/numbers on them. They're all priced around 40-50 per BIN. None of the jerseys are advertised as game used/issued (I personally think each jersey is kinda poorly listed) but a lot of them are described to have the 0062 and 0068 laundry tagging.
They all seem authentic based on the photos provided and some of the jerseys have a full back on them with names and numbers.

I know there are a plethora of fake "authentic" jerseys on ebay of like star players and such. However this guy seems to be listing just a completely random assortment of jerseys. Alot of blank ones and some BP ones with numbers heat printed. A few jerseys could be potential steals, either seller doesn't really know what he has or something is fishy here.

How safe is it to assume that a jersey is authentic/team issued if the tagging has the 006X numbering on them?
Need some input before I get tempted to buy more from this guy, I already bought 3 this afternoon and am hoping I didn't get screwed, which I really don't think I did.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Ok, I hold next to me, a Kevin Mulvey Road Issued Jersey.

I bought it thinking it was GU, but it is issued. He only played 2 games with the Twins.

How do I know it is issued (dispite what the clerk told me at TwinsFest?)

#1. Biggie, authentication sticker. Mine is on the "1" in the number 61 on the back of the jersey. ALL issueds and MOST GU (only way it wouldn't have one is if it was nabbed before authentication).

#2. All the visible patches match the jersey worn in that year.
-MLB logo on Back
-HHH Metrodome patch
-Carl Pohlad patch
-Twins Logo on opposite sleeve
-Correct lettering and numbers

#3. Non-visible patches.
-MLB Authentic Collection Majestic Athletic
-Then there is a patch with three numbers under that one:

61 48 09

61 = Player's #
48 = Size (I think)
09 = Year Issued

If it has no 3# patch, it is not a real issued/used

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
hm ok, thanks for the insight on that.

The item I'm looking at in particular is a Majestic BP jersey with the numbers heat printed on the back. Basically, I was told that it has 0068 wash tag (which I assume isn't retail) and the size of L. Now most teams do numbers for sizes but it seems like this team normally does letters for sizes. (checked around from legit website like Steiner)
Basically, the jerseys have numbers printed on them of some "star" quality players with a pretty low price, which is what's giving me all these second guessings.

cardinals0103

Oct 5, 2008
Kansas
TBTwinsFan said:
I am thinking that the Twins are the only team that does the

61 48 09 patches

if it is on ebay I would stay away. Buy them from steiner or MLB auction.com, but never ebay

I think this type of tagging right under the jock tag/or neck tagging is pretty common, however, I have only seen this type of tagging on Home/Road jerseys. Not on the Batting Practice Jerseys

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
cardinals0103 said:
TBTwinsFan said:
I am thinking that the Twins are the only team that does the

61 48 09 patches

if it is on ebay I would stay away. Buy them from steiner or MLB auction.com, but never ebay

I think this type of tagging right under the jock tag/or neck tagging is pretty common, however, I have only seen this type of tagging on Home/Road jerseys. Not on the Batting Practice Jerseys

I can't help yah with those. I was going to buy a ST Yanks Pavano GU jsy and I didn't (I should have... he is a Twin now!) and I didn't notice any sort of tagging like that. If you want to be sure though, go to Steiner or use MLBauction.com to help you. No sense in wasting money on ebay

1995BBRefractorGuy

Dec 20, 2008
there's a shat load of fake mlb issue jerseys on the bay right now, I was looking at some yesterday that were all $40-50, I emailed the seller asking about them and he's ignored all my emails....

Zambrano38

Aug 11, 2008
cardinals0103 said:
anymore input.
This jersey here, what kinda of jersey exactly is this then if it has the 0068 tagging
wash tag 0068

Picture1.png
Picture2.png

That's a BP/Spring Training jersey. It has the right tagging, but why doesn't it have a Steiner LOA? They sell of Red Sox game used; so it pretty much has to be fake.

Members online

Latest posts