Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you Trust These COAs? From *** to Nicholas Burczyk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Specifically, I'm talking about for Ted Williams autographs, but I guess this could work for any autographs. But for Ted I only trust Green Diamond Sports and PSA/DNA or JSA. It just seems so risky.

Can anyone tell me why there are so many *** or Nicholas Burczyk (who?!) certificates of authenticity. They all seem to come out of Florida too (I know Ted resided down there, but all of these *** and Nicholas Burczyk autos seem to be in Florida).

Who do you trust? Do you trust Nicholas Burczyk? I've heard of *** but never before Nicholas Burczyk until a couple months ago. Now they are everywhere!

Sorry for the rant - Just makes me angry :evil:

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Ethan-I did read it was cheaper (I believe only $10 per signature..for Ted Williams PSA and JSA charge around $80 I believe). It used to be scoreboard COAs that were always around and I couldn't trust, but those have faded away and now the COAs popping up more frequently are Nicholas Burczyk

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
I guess the beef I have with it is I underrstand that COAs boost the value of a piece - but it is frustrating as a Ted Williams autograph collector having to weed through all of these. I haven't been able to bring myself to trust a COA like the Nick B. or *** ones. Sure they go cheaper but I certainly am more skeptical and seriously doubt their validity. Does anyone know much about how good these COAs may actually be, or your thoughts on the autographs I posted?

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
those all look shady to me...i don't like the slant of the letters and the excessive space b/n the w and i. here is my psa/dna'd auto...

teddy.jpg

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Nice piece! I have 3 autos of Ted so far...these 2 and a 16x20 that was signed by Ted, Dom DiMaggio, Pesky, Eddie P, and Bobby Doerr!

DSCI0249.JPG

DSCI0336.JPG

dannyboy19

Feb 6, 2010
Massachusetts
Jaster-I feel more confident with Green Diamond - I've had both pieces that were certified by them also certified by jsa and they both came back authentic. I know that there was the controversy with John Henry Williams, but I have had nothing bad to say about Green Diamond so far. In fact, I have dealt with them directly in obtaining the two autographs I have certified by them.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
dannyboy19 said:
Specifically, I'm talking about for Ted Williams autographs, but I guess this could work for any autographs. But for Ted I only trust Green Diamond Sports and PSA/DNA or JSA. It just seems so risky.

Can anyone tell me why there are so many *** or Nicholas Burczyk (who?!) certificates of authenticity. They all seem to come out of Florida too (I know Ted resided down there, but all of these *** and Nicholas Burczyk autos seem to be in Florida).

Who do you trust? Do you trust Nicholas Burczyk? I've heard of *** but never before Nicholas Burczyk until a couple months ago. Now they are everywhere!

Sorry for the rant - Just makes me angry :evil:
The only opinion I trust is my own.*** is/was a cheap alternative.At one time they were respectable.They no longer are.
Mike

Sean_C

Oct 21, 2009
The only *** autographs I trust are the ones from when Mike Gutierrez was doing their authenticating way back in the beginning of ***. Other than that, I'd suggest staying away.

Never heard of the other authenticator, but I don't think I'd buy anything Williams that didn't come from JSA, PSA/DNA, or directly from Hunt Auctions.