Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ESPN Player X Column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
So who is the author?
I think its an AL former All Star catcher
Possibly Varitek or Mauer?
Its definately a veteran

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Samhell I think I read something where they wrote about being a catcher in the AL and a DH article?
I could be wrong Its an awesome article every week regardless

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
craiger122003 said:
Samhell I think I read something where they wrote about being a catcher in the AL and a DH article?
I could be wrong Its an awesome article every week regardless

You may be right. I've haven't tried to crack it like the Ginter code but for some reason I read it with Berkman's voice in my head. :lol:
Player X's humor just reminds me of him for some reason. It is excellent reading. No earth shaking insights but a nice peak behind the curtain of a player's life.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Well from the articles I've read, we know this:

-He's made an All-Star team
-He's being in trade rumors but has NOT been traded.

I actually had Lance Berkman as one of my guesses a well.

I've only read three of his columns though, how many are there?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
They've had other sports players on there as well. I've never been that impressed.

And if you're interested in the Insider and Mag combo for $4, Lancemountain has a thread about the latest discount.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=98233

I took advantage of a similar one last year and paid $4 for 2 years of mag and Insider access. I like the magazine alot, especially the wise-a@@ tidbits in the front.

Members online

Latest posts