Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Distribution Dates/Times for the Strasburg Heritage/999 Card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Borrowed this from Blowout's board.

Plan accordingly.

strassched.jpg

TOPPS:
Collectors opening 10 packs of 2010 Topps/Bowman branded baseball cards (except Topps Attax, Topps Opening Day and the .99 cent Topps Cello Pack) at the Topps booth will receive Stephen Strasburg’s 2010 Topps Heritage card (# NCC1). The card, which will be sequentially numbered to 999, will be available in designated quantities and at designated times from Wednesday, August 4th to Sunday August 8th. The card will be limited to one copy per person per day.
In addition, Topps will be giving away free codes to collectors visiting the booth that unlock actual Topps baseball cards on the Topps Million Card Giveaway site (Million Card Giveaway). The codes will be limited to one per person per day.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
bowmanchromeandorr said:
masonphillip said:
Its /999 but the # to be handed out each day adds up to 1,000...

its that "fuzzy math" like our government uses (regardless of who is in charge) to make the numbers work

I wish the math that the government used resulted in errors/waste of 1/1,000...

That's off topic though, the point is that someone should proof press releases at Topps.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
matfanofold said:
I thought there was only /999 ?

Printing Plates???? Just putting that out there. That is very weird that there is only 999 in circulation, and they are saying they will give away 1000

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
No matter 999, 1000, 998....this will be one of the most sought after National giveaways since the...well...Dirk Hayhurst autographed Garfoose parallel #/50 courtesy of FCB.

TraderJake

Aug 7, 2008
you have to imagine lines will be forming as soon as the doors open. i wonder what kind of crowd control they will be employing

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
This is going to be a huge headache for Topps. Everyone and their brother/sister/relative is going to be crashing Topps booth wanting these. I predict some good fights breaking out at Topps booth. I hope gilmore, mad mox or 2 bills has a camera on Topps area to video the madness.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
FCFS = tons of people waiting there, clogging all of the tables and booths next to Topps for hours and hours. This will be ugly.

Random draw would have made a little more sense, or first thing in the morning, OR, at a random announcement... sorta like "EVERYONE DROP WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND OPEN 10 PACKS AT THE TOPPS BOOTH....NOW!"...a musical chairs kinda thing.

bigeric

Aug 7, 2008
I was hoping they'd do them at the beginning of the show so you wouldn't have to wait hours for the card

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
My plan is set for tomorrow. Like someone else said in another thread, I want to have this card locked down early so I can actually enjoy myself the rest of the show without having to worry about getting one! I plan on going to the VIP reception, then getting in the show as early as I can and camping out at the Topps booth til 5. It's worth it to me to give up an hour and half the first day to add a Heritage card like this. Next stop will be the FCB booth I think.

And think about this - unless people bring their own packs, there will be 10,000 2010 Topps packs opened at the booth. That's a lot of packs - I'm thinking it's a possibility that a lot of dealers will run out of base Topps at the show? I have a blaster and 2 loose packs of Heritage to take with me so I can hop in line without having to buy wax. Gonna be a good time tomorrow!

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
I'm sure there are people already lined up tonight.

I guess it doesn't matter since most show goers don't take showers prior to attending anyways........

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
It figures Topps would botch this promotion in many ways.

Best way to have done it:

At the visitors leisure at any time during the convention, rip the qualified packs at the
Topps booth. A Topps representative will give away a Million Card Giveaway code card. 998 of those will be for the Heritage Strasburg, the rest will be for random cards from the MCG promotion.

Topps wins in two ways with this revised promotion. If Topps wants more of my marketing ideas, feel free to PM me a services contract offer.

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
I don't see this promotion as botched at all, and it's unfair to Topps to say that something's wrong before the doors open. The way I see it, the way they've set things up, those who want to get the card can get it. They've made it very clear what you have to do to get it, and told us exactly when to go to their booth. How each individual budgets their time at the National is up to them. Getting this card will be a priority for me, since it will fit so well with my collection. I'm probably going to go out of my way more than most to make sure that I get one. I'd say that 95% of the people who try to get this card do so to resell it - I'm going to keep mine. This card will be like the Alex Gordon cutout I think, no matter what Strasburg does in the future. A great card Id love to have, but can't justify dropping serious coin on. They've made it abundantly clear that I can get one for the price of 10 packs, which I've already bought, and will hopefully be opening tomorrow.

Super32

Aug 8, 2008
I can see fights happening today. There will be plenty of people already in the convention center before the doors open. Dealers wifes, children, etc who will be right next to the line at 3:30 or earlier. People will think that isn't fair b/c they had a head start.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I was thinking of buying a bunch of Topps blasters and selling them to the people in line for $20 each.

Members online