Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big Red Fish In The Mail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Got this beauty in the mail today...

img455.jpg
img456.jpg

I think I may have missed out on this exact card, ungraded, for a $1000 BIN earlier this year. Wish the seller would have taken better care of the case, it's a little scratched up and I had to take some Goo Off to the back, where there was some glue leftover from a sticker. Anyway, happy to have one, I'm a huge Stanton fan. I actually think a lot of people underrate him. Where's the Superfractor??? :)

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
matchpenalty said:
Sweet card.
My first guess is always W's vault for any big super people may be looking for.

It's possible, but if he has it, it wasn't through eBay, unless it was just brutally listed. To my knowledge, nobody has seen or heard of the Stanton Superfractor. It's probably still in packs, there's still plenty of nice Supers that haven't surfaced.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
matchpenalty said:
How many reds of his have you seen hit the market so far?

Well, as I said, this may be the same one I saw earlier this year. I know BGS has graded two, both 9's. I wanna say I've seen at least two others sell since the product came out.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Awesome card, I've been watching the Marlins because of Morrison, but I'm quickly becoming a huge Stanton fan.

I know it costs money, but maybe it'd be worth sending back in to be re-slabbed so you can get one that isn't so scratched up.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I know Wossa was buying Stanton stuff on release because I sold him a Stanton autographed plate. Very likely he has the super as well.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Holy farking snit.

I almost skipped this thread because i figured it was about Mike Trout.

that card is gorgeous. I actually considered trying to sell a bunch of stuff to go for it.

At least now i know where it is, CONGRATS!!!

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
Mudcatsfan said:
Holy farking snit.

I almost skipped this thread because i figured it was about Mike Trout.

that card is gorgeous. I actually considered trying to sell a bunch of stuff to go for it.

At least now i know where it is, CONGRATS!!!

I had my snipe set at $1800, I think, so I was relatively happy with the price. It's always nice when a big purchase has a big game the day before you get the card.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
tommyfro21 said:
I know Wossa was buying Stanton stuff on release because I sold him a Stanton autographed plate. Very likely he has the super as well.

Wonder if he was in mix on the bidding for this one. Usually if W wants a card he gets it. Props for BK to go strong and house this one.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
matchpenalty said:
tommyfro21 said:

Wonder if he was in mix on the bidding for this one. Usually if W wants a card he gets it. Props for BK to go strong and house this one.

If he was in on it, he wasn't using his primary account. I think he owns 1 or 2 of the Stanton Reds already.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
stevezimmer22 said:
quick flip?

I bought it for my collection, or at least a longterm hold, but I won't totally dismiss the idea. His stuff still isn't yet back to it's peak yet, so certainly not yet. He's making a late run at ROY. If he keeps this up the rest of the season, the hype on him will be huge going into next season, seeing if he can become the youngest with 40, 50 HR in a season. If he keeps up the pace he's on and hits 26 HR, he'll have the 7th most HR for a player in his 20 year-old season, but you can imagine the players ahead of him played many more games. A hot start to 2011 could produce early season Heyward prices.

Latest posts