Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How Often Does This Happen to You?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I recently made a very reasonable offer on a graded card which had a BIN/BO.

The card was of a player who has been tearing up the minors of late.

The seller responded a few hours later by 1) raising the BIN and 2) sending me a counteroffer which was even higher than the original BIN.

And the funny thing is, the seller is an FCB member.

I won't lower myself by naming him here. Rather, I won't even bother responding to his comical actions. Or giving him any further business.

End rant.

So, have you guys had similiar experiences?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Similar thing happened to me on ebay (not baseball card, though).

Seller had item listed at $13 BIN/BO. I offered $8. They didn't respond to my offer, and just raised the BIN to $23. :?

Waited almost a year and the same item popped up with a BIN of $4. I grabbed that one.

The original $23 BIN is still there, nearly a year later! :)

piggy1918

Jul 31, 2009
Wow.... that's ridiculous. I could see raising the BIN then offering a little lower than the old one. Might think it looks like you are getting a better deal. But that.... some people are just plain crazy. :?

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Something similar happened to me once, and I got pretty pissed off.

I made an $1100 offer for a $1500 BIN card and I was the only offer for almost two days.

He countered me at $1200.

Then all of a sudden, two other people put in an offer, then he increases my counteroffer to $1400 without giving me a chance to respond to the original $1200 offer. I was upset cause I was going to hit the $1200 counteroffer.

I then counter him with a $1300 response cause I really wanted the card and he promised he would accept it if I did. Well, a day passes and he doesn't accept, but he does reject the other guy's offers, thinking i'm the highest offer so far. I'm so upset he doesn't accept immediately as promised, so I withdraw my offer and buy it off ebay from another guy who just put the card up for auction for $1000.

The first guy was just a jerk and simply greedy. He could have had $1200 at least, but he ended with nothing from me.

I think he sold the card eventually, taking the first offer he got.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ThoseBackPages said:
The power of JP!!!!!

In other words, you think an anonymous buyer wouldn't have had this ordeal?

Maybe.

And if so, it might be time to create a second ID.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
ThoseBackPages said:
The power of JP!!!!!

Maybe.

Might be. That is pretty bad. Clearly the BIN wasn't market value and they decided to raise it on up once you made an offer.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I think it's safe to say JP is well known enough now to influence the prospect sheep. Just glad he drops his knowledge here for us. I would hate for it to come to point JP can't even comment on guys he likes anymore and have to go the W route and cloak himself in mystery.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Jaypers said:
ThoseBackPages said:
The power of JP!!!!!

Maybe.

I don't think so. If someone's not paying attention to their BINs, a minor leaguer could start tearing it up and they won't notice. All of the sudden a 8 dollar card becomes a 10 dollar card and a 15 dollar BIN becomes a 20 dollar BIN. You just woke up the beast.

I pretty much assume that if I make an offer on a BIN the seller will look to see how that player is doing as of late.

aarne13

Oct 15, 2008
The Permian Basin
The seller is an assclown. JP, you definitely need an anonymous buyers ID. The seller figures that if you are interested in a certain card it is a good enough reason to raise the price on it. They figure that you must know something about the player that they don't.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
pigskincardboard said:
Jaypers said:
ThoseBackPages said:
The power of JP!!!!!

Maybe.

I don't think so. If someone's not paying attention to their BINs, a minor leaguer could start tearing it up and they won't notice. All of the sudden a 8 dollar card becomes a 10 dollar card and a 15 dollar BIN becomes a 20 dollar BIN. You just woke up the beast.

I pretty much assume that if I make an offer on a BIN the seller will look to see how that player is doing as of late.

You are a lib and I doubt it was a $20 card. And if JP made an offer then the BIN still was not in question.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Jaypers said:
ThoseBackPages said:
The power of JP!!!!!

Maybe.

Absolutely.

You mentioned they're a member here
Propect sellers here are up on things
They knew you wanted it, so they figured
They were too low, and pumped it up

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Adamsince1981 said:
pigskincardboard said:
Jaypers said:
ThoseBackPages said:
The power of JP!!!!!

Maybe.

You are a lib and I doubt it was a $20 card. And if JP made an offer then the BIN still was not in question.

I understand that your mobile home's out of propane, but stop being a *****. I just of easily could've used X instead of an actual number but I hear that's how your people sign their names and I didn't care to confuse you.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Adamsince1981 said:
pigskincardboard said:
Adamsince1981 said:
pigskincardboard said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="ThoseBackPages":3nk6f54k]The power of JP!!!!!

Maybe.

I understand that your mobile home's out of propane, but stop being a *****. I just of easily could've used X instead of an actual number but I hear that's how your people sign their names and I didn't care to confuse you.

"you people" Hmmmmm, a hypocritacal Lib....I thought all people were your people.

I make fun of trailer parks too....only it is in a business sense, not a judgemental sense.[/quote:3nk6f54k]

Your people, as in, the kind of people that can't quite spell those big ol' words with more than eight letters.

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
How about we leave the political slurs to your local townhall meetings. I don't come to the board to read insults.

Then don't read and don't respond....you have the ability to foe...move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts