Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

when purchasing bgs graded cards...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
Have u noticed that the cases r pretty scratched up, without some sort of sleeve for protection and such?

Last few batches off ebay's been pretty bad...

I don't grade much but I love to utilize the sleeve that bgs sends the cards in and when I decide to sell, I either ship them in that soft sleeve or put the bgs cad in a graded card sleeve because I feel that its important, but that's just me. Lol.

Its my pet peeve now. Haha!!

That is all.

Have a great saturday, fellas!

Dave

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
thats a huge pet peeve of mine. some of it has to do with my ocd no doubt, but come on, some slabs i get in the mail look like theyve been banged to hell.

funny that some of the seller are like "wheres my feedback?"

99.7% of the time, i just do not leave fb, because i dont want to be mean lol

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I've found that Ultra Pro postcard sleeves have the tightest and cleanest fit for BGS slabs. Unlike the graded card resealable bags, there is no extra "bulk" space.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
200lbhockeyplayer said:
I've found that Ultra Pro postcard sleeves have the tightest and cleanest fit for BGS slabs. Unlike the graded card resealable bags, there is no extra "bulk" space.

oh? ive never heard of these before. are they more costly then the UP Graded Sleeves?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
U know how bad I am with graded card protection? I actually purchased some hard cases specifically FOR bgs graded cards. Lol!! Then slide them into the sleeve bgs sends in...

And don't get me started on ultra pro one touches.

Seriously, last few purchases were really scratched up...don't know why some people don not take better care of the case in itself!

Guess I'm vain. Its not just only about the inside that counts. Lol just like the ladies, gotta have both. Haha!!

Dave

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I can not stand chipped, cracked, scratched, or scuffed slabs! I simply will not buy the card with a poor looking slab(unless the price is just incredible). I dont want to have to re-submit anything for a clean slab, so I just avoid them at all costs. I think I may have ocd with it! And I always put a new graded card bag on them when in hand.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
yea, the scuffing is another thing that gets to me. especially right from BGS.

as for the slab bags, i have to admit, i am far too lazy in taking care of that.
i also have too many damn slabs lol

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
C'mon guys.....they are testing the durability of the slabs!!

Notice how you never see scuffed and/or scratched PSA slabs?!

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Maybe BGS and PSA should now grade the slabs of a slab for you freaks. Would you then be anal about the second case getting scratches?

As long as slab isn't beat to hell or have noticable cracks. I don't care all that much. It's the card itself that I care most about and that it fits the grade.

Would you rather have a card that is graded right in little dinged up BGS holder or a pristine perfect BGS holder, but card itself looks like crap and is overgraded.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
So we all know that the stuff is overgraded but as long as its our cards they are overgrading
its ok? The real issue here is a few scratches on the case? oh ok.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
scotty21690 said:

I hope I'm missing sarcasm here. I have seen a million jacked up PSA slabs.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
schmidtfan20 said:
So we all know that the stuff is overgraded but as long as its our cards they are overgrading

Yep, bottom line on graded cards you work from outside in.
Most important case itself. No scratches, dings, chips or cracks. As long as that is cool, everything else is secondary.

Maybe it's me. But I'll take a card that is grade worthy in beat up case, all day over a nice gem case and crappy card for the grade. It's beauty of FCB, we got all different people here, who like different things.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
matchpenalty said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Most important case itself. No scratches, dings, chips or cracks. As long as that is cool, everything else is secondary.

Maybe it's me. But I'll take a card that is grade worthy in beat up case, all day over a nice gem case and crappy card for the grade. It's beauty of FCB, we got all different people here, who like different things.

I love the sarcasm, but keep in mind 9 out of 10 FCB boards users will NOT understand this.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
schmidtfan20 said:
matchpenalty said:
schmidtfan20 said:

I love the sarcasm, but keep in mind 9 out of 10 FCB boards users will NOT understand this.

Yeah, I know. But Diamond daveyou, TBP, MFF are some of my favorite fcb posters. Just having some fun.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
aaron41984 said:
scotty21690 said:

I hope I'm missing sarcasm here. I have seen a million jacked up PSA slabs.
Humor me, whydont'cha? ;)

Members online

Latest posts