Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Package says it was delivered but it wasn't..WTF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jedi500

Jan 2, 2009
Aight..so this is the fourth time this crap has happened..the first couple times it said the package was attempted to be delivered but available at post office..it said a notice was left but it wasn't..had I not have had the tracking number, I would never had gotten the item..

Now today..seller tells me item was delivered, I have him send me the tracking and what do you know..it was delivered..but I never received the package..I'm now away for the week so should I hit up the post office when I get home or continue to wait..

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
Jedi500 said:
Aight..so this is the fourth time this crap has happened..the first couple times it said the package was attempted to be delivered but available at post office..it said a notice was left but it wasn't..had I not have had the tracking number, I would never had gotten the item..

Now today..seller tells me item was delivered, I have him send me the tracking and what do you know..it was delivered..but I never received the package..I'm now away for the week so should I hit up the post office when I get home or continue to wait..

I actually had this happen to me earlier this month. Item shipped 8-4 and never got a notice or anything. After going to the Post Office twice, and them claiming to not have it, guess what shows up in my mailbox today? Finally got it today.

C-Note92

Aug 7, 2008
That's happened to me a few times, usually it means that the package was delivered to the post office, but sometimes it may take a day or two for it to be delivered to the actual address.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Though it hasn't happened to me, I've heard some stories about this over time.

1) Someone posted that just like it, it was marked as delivered and never actually showed up. A few days later some lady from about three blocks over came to the guys house and dropped it off saying it had been delivered to her house and the two had nothing in common in regards to name/address other than the town/state/zip.

2) One guy's street was actually something like 14 Park Ridge Drive (random example name) and there was a 14 Park Ridge Terrace a few blocks away and the people periodically had to swap mail with each other due to the confusion.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
These are controlled packages. So someone has to sign for them (workers) every step of the way. I know this a family member works for the post office. Well they can actaully not be delivered just like this case. There is a lot of casual workers as they are called (temps) the deliver the mail. Well they are rated every once and awhile in the delivering of mail so sometimes they will scan it delivered after they have gone pass your house or are even in the next sub-division as to not look bad on there rating. And then they will deliver it the next day or even come the day after and leave you a notice, but they said they did that the day they brought the item back to the post office. Sadly they just don't care about the mail even if they are a controlled packages. There are ways around not looking bad, even to a temp worker, that there future employment depends on them actaully doing the right job.

Also like others have stated they are missed delivered all the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts