Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can't get myself to break the Rookie Retro Case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
IMG_3841.jpg

I put it in the cabinet so that I won't see it. But it's calling out to me like the ring from Lord of the Rings.

I can't get myself to open the damn thing. Part of me is afraid to see what's inside...part of me is dying to see what's inside.

Just in case you were wondering, I bought the case in the event the price started to go up. I'm not saying it will, but...I'm sure people who didn't buy 2010 Bowman Baseball were thinking the same thing.

my precious...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
If you had already put the $ aside and already have taken into account spending $1300 then you should just rip it. Worst case, you should still get back $700+ in sale anyways. So is it worth $600 to see what is inside? I would say yes since you already paid for it

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You're not going to make much of a profit if any on selling the case unopened. So you might as well just go ahead and rip it.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
I'm not holding it to make profit on the case or boxes. I bought the case in the event the price did go up or supplies ran low, and I decided I wanted to open it. Worse case scenario, I change my mind and sell it close to what I paid for it, give or take....I'm fine with that.

But I'm curious to see what other people are pulling before I bust it open.

And yes...saw that MJ. It almost made me buy a second case with money I don't have. :)

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So you bought a case because you thought you might want to open a case of the product, then you get the case in hand and don't know if you want to open it? :lol:

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you-can-do-it.jpg

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Yeah...I've got issues. I'm the type of buyer that will buy stuff I don't need...just because it's cheap or I think I'll need it. You should see my shopping cart when I go to Costco.

I forgot to mention that I pre-ordered a case of Bowman Chrome, Topps Chrome, and Bowman DPP with the intent of only opening 1 box out of the case. :shock: This was pre-Tommy Johns. I was afraid of another 2010 Bowman Baseball/Strasburg affect. I'm not sure if Chapman will have a similar affect on Chrome...but if so...I'm covered. :)

And the same applies for the pre-orders...I didn't buy them necessarily to make a profit. I bought them as insurance against the prices getting inflated. I'd have the boxes if I decided to open more. Or I can sell them and break even or better.

I'm a borderline "hoarder". Have you seen that show on TV.

Canocollector#1

Aug 16, 2008
BIG APPLE
sportscardfanatic said:
Yeah...I've got issues. I'm the type of buyer that will buy stuff I don't need...just because it's cheap or I think I'll need it. You should see my shopping cart when I go to Costco.

I forgot to mention that I pre-ordered a case of Bowman Chrome, Topps Chrome, and Bowman DPP with the intent of only opening 1 box out of the case. :shock: This was pre-Tommy Johns. I was afraid of another 2010 Bowman Baseball/Strasburg affect. I'm not sure if Chapman will have a similar affect on Chrome...but if so...I'm covered. :)

And the same applies for the pre-orders...I didn't buy them necessarily to make a profit. I bought them as insurance against the prices getting inflated. I'd have the boxes if I decided to open more. Or I can sell them and break even or better.

I'm a borderline "hoarder". Have you seen that show on TV.

This I can't understand, but GL!

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
so do you have an estimate of time when this rip is going to happen? 12? 1 am?

LMK I dont want to miss it.

Kevin

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
You guys should check what the "not a very big baseball fan" Tristan20 got in his case.....a 55 Clemente plus other real good cards, we had to reassure him that he did well.....

Members online

Latest posts