Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are topps tribute patches/tags legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
Has anybody here pulled a 2010 topps tribute auto or jersey card with a laundry tag or game used patch in it? A Manny auto just game up that struck me as unusual in that every single other Manny auto to hit the bay so far that I've seen has been composed solely of snow white jersey pieces. Including the /25 and the 1/1. Not accusing the seller of anything, just trying to do some homework and was looking for some input.

mannytag-1.jpg

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
I did find these two cards in closed ebay auction results. Seems to me that the single window versions of these cards would be easier to fake as the triple jersey versions have the relatively thin borders between the patch windows...

girardi.jpg

cano-1.jpg

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
A_Pharis said:
Not a patch. It's a screened logo for the manufacturer.

Are you thinking of the manufactured "logo" patches from this product?

These examples with the laundry tags have the same authenticity statements on teh back as all of the other jersey/GU from this product?

mannyramirezcollec

Apr 11, 2009
carrsallstars said:
A_Pharis said:

These examples with the laundry tags have the same authenticity statements on teh back as all of the other jersey/GU from this product?

He meant the logo is printed onto the jersey by Majestic instead of stitched on

A_Pharis

carrsallstars said:
A_Pharis said:

No no. Majestic has this little screened logo on the bottoms of jerseys. It's not a fabric "patch". A lot like the ones on future's game jerseys and all-star jerseys. That's why there's no real stitching. That little grey stitch you see is actually printed.

It's not made by Topps - it really is on the jersey.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
mannyramirezcollec said:
carrsallstars said:
A_Pharis said:

OK- I follow you.

BUt my question is whether that screened on laundry tag portion is legitimately inserted into the product by Topps and is from a GU jersey?

mannyramirezcollec

Apr 11, 2009
carrsallstars said:
mannyramirezcollec said:
carrsallstars said:
A_Pharis said:

OK- I follow you.

BUt my question is whether that screened on laundry tag portion is legitimately inserted into the product by Topps and is from a GU jersey?

Pretty sure they're legit. Topps uses these same "patches" in alot of their other products.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
The screened on majestic tags are for cool base jerseys.

Does Topps really think people believe George Kell wore a Rawlings jersey. Ot whatever joker that switched the jersey piece out with that tag. Man game used jersey cards are getting worse and worse.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
So I'm assuming since you're a Kell collector you didn't pull that one yourself?

And if the Kell piece is legitimate it also assumes Topps is putting the best, most colorful, most valuable piece from a pair of Kell game used pants into the /75 single version of this card, and not the /25, the 1/1, or even one of the triple GU cards (if he has one)?

I am not trying to be snide...given Topps' attention to product detail this is probably likely. But it is also pretty dumb, so I'm just sayin'

Every single one of the 30+ pieces of jersey on the 2010 tribute Kell jersey pieces (looking at current and closed ebay auctions), including the dual GU auto cards and the red 1/1 dual GU auto Kell are all completely white as far as I can tell.

carrsallstars

Sep 16, 2009
No multi colored pieces left for this card I guess... (I f you wanted it gvsu96 I hope you got it!)

kellred.jpg

gvsu96

Aug 7, 2008
You can call me Milton
carrsallstars said:
So I'm assuming since you're a Kell collector you didn't pull that one yourself?

And if the Kell piece is legitimate it also assumes Topps is putting the best, most colorful, most valuable piece from a pair of Kell game used pants into the /75 single version of this card, and not the /25, the 1/1, or even one of the triple GU cards (if he has one)?

I am not trying to be snide...given Topps' attention to product detail this is probably likely. But it is also pretty dumb, so I'm just sayin'

I have no reason to believe that it's not legitimate. The pair of pants that this swatch probably cam from has been used in previous years products. There are a bunch from Tribute that hasn't popped and he's going to be in Triple threads again and I'm guessing more swatches will pop up from these pants if they have used up the flannel jersey/pants that they have used in previous releases.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
carrsallstars said:
So it sounds like nobody here has pulled a multicolored jersey piece from a pack?

CoolBase Jersey Tags have been found in place of regular swatches in everything from Allen & Ginter, to Base Topps, to Ticket to Stardom.

I would guess Topps dices up the jersey and the sewn on patches go into one pile, and everthing else into another. Therefore, some of the cool base tags get put into regular jersey cards at random.

I wouldn't touch this...

!B)2WgOw!2k~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ew,Z,9dThBMPNqFY(5!~~_35.jpg
[ebay:tcy2078v]350387119200[/ebay:tcy2078v]

CoolBase jerseys were first used in 2006.

But, one piece isn't usually used to cover all three cutouts. Right?

Members online

Latest posts